Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Hi..looking into getting a suggie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jennie.p.reilly
Still IP
jennie.p.reilly

Hi..looking into getting a suggie Empty
PostSubject: Hi..looking into getting a suggie   Hi..looking into getting a suggie EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:50 pm

HI I am a stay at home mom with 3 kids a small farm and a managerie. I have a beared dragon, cats, dogs, chicken fish horses and a donkey. My kids are primaraly in charge of caring for the animals (with supervision of course) so they are very animal savy. I have seen suggies at mall kiosks and fell in love...but wouldn't eveer buy one that way because the people really didn't seem to have much of a clue as to what they need, SInce seeing them though I have wanted one and recently have found them advertised on craigslist and petfinders.com I am triing to decide if they would thrive here or if its a little to hectic for them. THe cats live outside (barn cats Smile ) for the most part but the dogs are indoor dogs, if we are in they are in and they get crated while we are away. I have no qualms about the fresh food diet suggies need as i feed my liard fresh friuts and veggies and crickets/worms also. I would apreciate any in put on their temperment with well behaved kids and other animals. Thanks...I hope to keep learning about them through this forum.
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: Hi..looking into getting a suggie   Hi..looking into getting a suggie EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi..looking into getting a suggie 3043302802
I am so glad you are researching before you buy Gliders. Smile
Glider's need to be in pair's or more. It's always better to get two right from the get go, because if you get one then another one later you will have to go through QT. QT, can be hard for first time suggie owners because you need whole new cage, new pouches, well new everything, the gliders cant share nothing, they need to be in sepearte rooms, When you bring them home they will need to see a vet, then after 30 days they both need to see a vet, to make sure they all healthy then you can start slow intro(cage swap, pouch swap, toy swap, ect.). You will not need to do QT if you get two that are already bonded to each other.
Post any questions you have...we are glad to help. Smile
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: Hi..looking into getting a suggie   Hi..looking into getting a suggie EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi..looking into getting a suggie 3779246827

Yes Erica is right about quarantine time if you get the two sugar gliders separately. This is a very important process and it makes sure you have two healthy gliders (with vet visits)! I have a cat and two dogs but they are not allowed to go where my sugar gliders are, which is in my room. I think it is best keeping them apart from my other pets. Again welcome to the forum and its great you are coming to learn and research!
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hi..looking into getting a suggie   Hi..looking into getting a suggie EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi..looking into getting a suggie 3863325017

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] look at the info that is on here. as long as the gliders are a family pet and your responsible for getting them vet care,food, and everything else they need there should be no problems with your kids. but dont allow them to open the glider cage or be alone with the gliders just for safety reasons. feel free to ask any questions you need to. try and save up like 1k before buying the gliders or buy the stuff you need for them before buy the gliders. there is just a lot of stuff to buy cage,proper glider wheel(($30-$60), cage sets and toys, food, vet money, and emergency vet money, money to buy the gliders and a little extra money just in case.
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Hi..looking into getting a suggie   Hi..looking into getting a suggie EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi..looking into getting a suggie   Hi..looking into getting a suggie Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi..looking into getting a suggie
Page 1 of 1