Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

bad suggie momma?????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
icuspeak
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
icuspeak

bad suggie momma????? Empty
PostSubject: bad suggie momma?????   bad suggie momma????? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:08 pm

I just got my colony of four together about a month ago. Well since one of my girls get a mateing wound everytime she goes into heat I decided to seperate my two boys from my two girls. I am hopeing by doing so I'm not taking a step back when it comes to the bonding of each other. Did I do wrong by doing this? I just don't want my girl to get another mateing wound. After two days I do plan on putting them back with the boys but is this possible? Am I being a bad snuggie mom? I sure do feel like I am. I just don't want my baby girl getting hurt in anyway or form. I'm sorry. I just feel soooooo quilty. Thank you for any input on this.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: bad suggie momma?????   bad suggie momma????? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:09 pm

That is perfectly fine, as long as you put them back after their heat no suggie will be harmed ;]

A lot of owners have to do this and it is possibly to keep them as a quad 28 days out of the month and as pairs 2-3 days out of the month.

If the males are not already neutered I would say they should be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: bad suggie momma?????   bad suggie momma????? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Your not a bad suggie momma! Smile Your looking out for your babies!
Yes, I have seen that people take them apart when a girl goes into heat and they all get along fine just after.

Also I would agree to neuter the boys if you have not. bad suggie momma????? 2682118424
Back to top Go down
icuspeak
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
icuspeak

PostSubject: Re: bad suggie momma?????   bad suggie momma????? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:53 am

Just to let everyone know and I don't know why I didn't mention it to begin with, my two boys are neuter but they were already six months or older before they were neuter. Last night I presume it's because they are seperated there were alot more barking than usual. Just one more night then they will be back together again. I am going to have them on me today so they can atleast sleep together so maybe that will help. Thank You for the response that I have gotten. I just feel so bad especially since when I went in there this morning and one of my girls was sleeping in the wheel and one of my boys ran behind the wheel to hide. They never done that before. Guess they are mad at me. Sad Guess I should also mention I have two wheels that would make what I just mention more understandable. lol.
Back to top Go down
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

PostSubject: Re: bad suggie momma?????   bad suggie momma????? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:18 pm

They certainly have their ways of trying to make us feel guilty, eh? You are doing the right thing by separating them during their heat cycles. Even though the males are neutered, this doesn't stop them from having the 'urge'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.millbreederproject.com
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: bad suggie momma?????   bad suggie momma????? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:51 pm

You're not a bad Mama for keeping your girls safe. It's like kids, when you know too much candy will give them a cavity you can't always give in with the pouting, lol. bad suggie momma????? 2682118424
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bad suggie momma?????   bad suggie momma????? Empty

Back to top Go down

bad suggie momma?????
Page 1 of 1