Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Got a question about playing with them

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

Got a question about playing with them Empty
PostSubject: Got a question about playing with them   Got a question about playing with them EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 5:55 pm

So they sleep allllllll day and play at night. Mine sleep till 1amish. Is it bad to wake them up in the day time just to get some time in with them then let them go back to sleep? What about darkness? What I mean is when they are asleep in their pouch it is dark in there. If I let them sleep till they get up it is dark when they get up. Unless I bring them into a different room. Their bedroom is pitch dark because it is a spare room but my grandfather painted the windows dark green so it is very dark in there. I also keep them in there because my house is VERY hot but with the windows and darkness in there it stays alot cooler than the rest of the house so they dont get to hot. I have shut the vent to the cent h/a off in there and just leave the door open so it never gets cold in there just warm maybe 80ish. So im wondering is there a ok way to play with themin the daytime so I dont have to stay up till 3am playing with fuzz butts! When do yall take yalls out and play with them I need a schedual I think.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can Sassy be alergic to hpw complete esp enough to bout kill her with breathing problems?
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Got a question about playing with them   Got a question about playing with them EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:39 pm

One thing I've noticed with my fuzz butts is that the earlier I feed them the earlier they wake up, or if I alter their feeding schedule to feed them later in the day they sleep later.

As for her being allergic to the HPW Complete it is possible, I've known people who have dogs that are allergic to grass, people with cats allergic to certain types of food. I wouldn't rule it out, maybe talk to your vet and see what (s)he thinks?
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Got a question about playing with them   Got a question about playing with them EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:43 pm

try waking them up a bit earlier over time. like wake them up at like 12:30am and then a few days or week or something later wake them up at midnight then 11:30 and so on. kinda like an alarm clock usually people get into the routine of getting up at a certain time and will start waking up at that time on their own or around that time. i wouldnt make them wake up during the day it would be like waking you up in the middle of the night to play.
my boys wake up around 7pm. though they used to get up at 11pm.
i dont know its best to bring that up with your vet and an animal nutritionist. you may also want to get her cage mate checked just in case he is sick too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a question about playing with them   Got a question about playing with them Empty

Back to top Go down

Got a question about playing with them
Page 1 of 1