Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

introduction question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

introduction question Empty
PostSubject: introduction question   introduction question EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:38 am

so when sassy and skeeter saw each other tonight and both were at the sides of their cages looking at each other sassy was making some really fast clicking noises kinda like when they click from being happy but it was a little louder and really fast and she didnt seem aggressive this time. i aint taking no chances gonna be atleast a month before i let them meet in the tub but i was glad to see her aggression has calmed way down. do you think it would be a bad idea to try them together before a month?
Back to top Go down
kjgoulet
Joey
Joey
kjgoulet

PostSubject: Re: introduction question   introduction question EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:48 am

From what it sounds like is she was "chattering" which is what they do to say hello Smile my males do it when they go in the pouch with the babies.

About the intro's, honestly not going to lie to you some wait the quarantine period and some don't.. It is really up to you on whether or not you wait but beings the cages are next to each other it's already been broken so to speak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tenderlovingsuggies.webs.com
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

PostSubject: Re: introduction question   introduction question EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Kristi right,.... I think you already know out of the 7 I've intro'ed, I've never waited the entire 30 days. Some get real close...3 - 3 1/2 wks. but I've never been able to hold out for 30 days.

I do however make sure they have a vet visit and clean fecal under their belt before I even consider it, but it's really hard when you have a cage of X amt. of gliders then a lone one sitting their watching all the fun and not being able to participate. Always brings visions of the lonely child sitting on the playground watching the other kids play but not being able to take part.

I just don't have the heart to keep them apart.

IMO, if male is neutered, all fecals are clear and everyone is healthy... then I say go for it if you feel it's the right time.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: introduction question   introduction question EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:00 pm

I guess you already introduced once, why do you think she is aggressive?

Its really cute hearing that and it is the only time you will at least for me since I have one cage. Honestly the vet appointment before they meet is what is important and the second one to confirm that neither is carrying. True quarantine is imperative for large breeders or large colony owners since it would be hard to cure a large amount of gliders from a parasite breakout.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

PostSubject: Re: introduction question   introduction question EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 pm

so when i do want to let them get together face to face for the first time should i do it in their big cage or in the tub and if they get in a fight do i dare seperate them or will i get eat up they have teeth like squirrlsor rats and i dont want stitches so how do yall handle that day?
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

PostSubject: Re: introduction question   introduction question EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:32 am

If I am not mistaken shadow linked you to the page about intros. Have you read it yet?? To me it sounds like you have not. They are a lot of things you need to do before introducing them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: introduction question   introduction question Empty

Back to top Go down

introduction question
Page 1 of 1