Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Priscilla Price Diet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandyF
BrandyF

Priscilla Price Diet Empty
PostSubject: Priscilla Price Diet   Priscilla Price Diet EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:56 am

I'm curious to hear thoughts and opinions on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I have really been studying diets and this is one of two that appeals to me greatly. I like the variety, but I like better the fact that everything is mixed together so I would most likely have a much better chance at getting Snappy to eat more variety. The other plus is it would be very simple to use while traveling and would be easy for someone else to feed if I cannot take them with me.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Price Diet   Priscilla Price Diet EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 5:29 am

I do not like the diet. I think it reduces variety. It was made by a big scale breeder who till this day does not disclose everything about the vitamin supplement. Then the diet asks you to sprinkle the supplement, which is not a precise amount whatsoever. Many gliders will either choose to just eat the vitamin sprinkled top or only the bottom which is also bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Price Diet   Priscilla Price Diet EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:25 pm

I am using it with Snappy right now. I did the variety a bit different than they suggested because I was worried about that. Basically what I did was mix up a double batch and then split it as described, but then after adding the protein I split into smaller portions. I wound up with about 16 different blends to use over the course of the month. I have to say that Snappy is eating it much better than anything else I have tried with her. She is even eating her veggies every night. I guess because they are "hidden" a little better is why she likes it more. I did blend most of the things into small chunks instead of a blend so that she still gets her pieces.

As for the supplement, what I do is to let her food melt a bit before I sprinkle it on there and then I stir it up so that the supplement is mixed into the food. The ingredients for the supplement are listed on the bag. There is a measurement that is used for the amount of supplement that is added nightly so that lets me know how much I am giving them overall.

I do understand your concerns however. I was at a point that I didn't know what to do with diet. I was super concerned about what Snappy was eating. She was super picky and no matter what I did I couldn't get her to eat her veggies and she would eat very few fruits. I even tried what you suggested about not giving her any of her favorites for 2 weeks. She actually didn't eat for 4 days. I did a lot of research and knew that I needed something that I could feel good about feeding my gliders as well as something that would let me make the food up in advance for times that I am too busy to fix something nightly or for the nights that I may need someone else to feed them for me. Freezing the portions also allows my kids to help feed Snappy and that helps with them wanting to hold her and play with her because they are somewhat involved in her care.

I have found that she is eating a lot better since the switch. I just started her on it Friday so we will see how it goes over the next few weeks. As long as she is healthy and eating well, I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Price Diet   Priscilla Price Diet EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 11:38 am

LSardou wrote:
What works great for my babies, is that I mix the basic mix and freeze that separate from the fruits/veggies/chicken/or egg.

I will pre-cook the chicken, cut it into 1" cubes and freeze. Egg, I make fresh on egg night.
I buy, 1 bag of frozen corn, 1 bag of frozen peas, 1 bag of frozen carrots. Measure out nightly 1 cube of mix (or more depending on how many gliders you have) 1 tsp of veggies, and 1 tsp of fresh/frozen fruit. Thaw mix, and chicken (for chicken night) 1 cube cut into tiny pieces per glider, add to basic mix. Stir well, sprinkle with vitamins evenly over top. Serve.

Note: Depending on your gliders preference of fruits and veggies you can use what they like.
I found that my two prefer things frozen separately and mixed into the blend to thaw.

If you are in a pinch and don't want to make a huge batch of the mix (my two get a little pickier with frozen things after it's been in the freezer for a while) so I do the following.

One batch will feed two gliders for 2 meals:
Mix together in a bowl,
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
2 teaspoons yogurt
2 teaspoons old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon wheat germ
1/4 teaspoon concentrated oj w/ calcium

Store un-used portion in frig.

Prepare meal - 1 tablespoon of the above mix, 1 tbsp of (chicken/or egg0, 1 tbsp of fruits & 1 tbsp of veggies.
Mix together, sprinkle vitamins evenly over top and serve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Price Diet   Priscilla Price Diet Empty

Back to top Go down

Priscilla Price Diet
Page 1 of 1