Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

LGRS Suggie Soup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:56 pm

I am switching from OHPW to LGRS Suggie soup. I have some time to research more on it to do it correctly because I still have half a batch of HPW.

I have a few questions, I just got the Trader Darwin's Vanilla Flavored Soy, Dehydrated Fly Pupae, and Bee Pollen from VE. Where do I get the calcium powder? Would give 3 gliders 6 TBS per day? Also for the Fruit and Veggie and Meat components, would I do 2 tablespoons of veggies 2 tablespoons of fruits and 2 tablespoons of meats for all three gliders?

It is this one?
Calcium: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 4:53 pm

What calcium powder? I belive the calcium is in the payapa and the mango. As for the fruits and veggies and meat it should be 1TBLS per glider.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^Read there, these are questions pertaining to what I read on that post. Sorry I didn't mention that. LGRS Suggie Soup 413356797

It says 2 TBSP per glider of this mix. I was just wondering if my math was right. LGRS Suggie Soup 2500490772
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:11 pm

There is no calcium powder in this diet. The calcium comes from the juices you make it with. Yes it says 2 per glider. I only feed 1 per glider and they don't eat all that. It will depend on your babies.
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:13 pm

If I'm understanding you correct you are asking about the calcium that would have to be added to the meats to make the ratio work out. If that is correct than it says that 1/8 of a teaspoon of the calcium powder is enough for 8 to 10 servings of meat.

For the amounts to feed you would want 2 tbsp of LGRS, 1 tbsp of fruit, 1 tbsp of veggie, and 1 tbsp of protein per glider.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
BrandyF
BrandyF

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Skyfire4me wrote:
There is no calcium powder in this diet. The calcium comes from the juices you make it with. Yes it says 2 per glider. I only feed 1 per glider and they don't eat all that. It will depend on your babies.

The calcium comes in with the protein. There is mention in several places of adding calcium to the protein so that it is not upside down on CA:Ph ratios.
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:20 pm

hmmm not sure where VE got that info. Might want to send her a massage and ask her. I don't add anything to my gliders meat.
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Oh and you can also message or call Ed and ask them. They created the diet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Skyfire4me wrote:
hmmm not sure where VE got that info. Might want to send her a massage and ask her. I don't add anything to my gliders meat.

It actually came from Ed. It references him in that thread and I've seen mention of it elsewhere too. I'm at a loss as to where I've seen it, but I'll keep looking and post it here when I find it.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:07 pm

Sometimes LuckyGlider adds calcium powder to the diet staple which is already rich in calcium for gliders experiencing HLP. You do not need to add any calcium powder to your meats or staple though, this would be for gliders with calcium issues that are being rehabilitated. Now if your gliders actually eats both tablespoons then feed 2 but mine eat less than one tablespoon so I only feed 1 tablespoon each.

Also this is unrelated but if you notice your gliders are gaining weight you can reduce the honey in the recipe by ask much as 1 cup.

To my knowledge I didn't write the thread about lgrs, I am on my phone right now but if it says something misleading I will fix it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
BrandyF
BrandyF

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:23 pm

viciousencounters wrote:
Sometimes LuckyGlider adds calcium powder to the diet staple which is already rich in calcium for gliders experiencing HLP. You do not need to add any calcium powder to your meats or staple though, this would be for gliders with calcium issues that are being rehabilitated. Now if your gliders actually eats both tablespoons then feed 2 but mine eat less than one tablespoon so I only feed 1 tablespoon each.

Also this is unrelated but if you notice your gliders are gaining weight you can reduce the honey in the recipe by ask much as 1 cup.

To my knowledge I didn't write the thread about lgrs, I am on my phone right now but if it says something misleading I will fix it Razz

I think that misconception came from the fact that the info about calcium powder is included in the same post where Shadow posted your tutorial on how to make the LGRS.
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:40 pm

ok That at least help me out. Here ia m freaking out thinking i missed something about adding calcium. All are heathy now so no worries about adding.

Mine are just like VE and eat less then 1 tbls of suggie soup so that is all I offer them as well.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:22 am

Thank you everyone for responding! Sorry I have not responded been so busy! LGRS Suggie Soup 413356797

So that is great! No calcium then, and 2TBSP of suggie soup and 1TBSP of the fruit/veggie/meat mix per glider right?

Last edited by lovekelc on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:25 am

That would be correct. If there is a lot of left over suggies soup just decrease the amount you are giving them till they are leaving a litte bit in their bowl. If they lick it clean then give them a bit more the next night.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Sounds great then! I will do that. (: Thank you.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Ps. You do not have to feed the meat mix every night Razz
My ladies get some weekly but not nightly.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Sounds good! I can't wait to try it out! Need to go shopping to get the stuff. Do you buy a specific brand of yogurt and orange juice?
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:16 pm

I use the Simply Orange brand with pulp and Nancy's organic yogurt low-fat but I am sure any fortified orange juice works but the yogurt needs to be about 12g of protein and low-fat.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Okay I will be sure to look for that! Thanks a lot VE! LGRS Suggie Soup 2682118424
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

viciousencounters wrote:
Ps. You do not have to feed the meat mix every night Razz
My ladies get some weekly but not nightly.

How does that work as far as them getting the protein that they would usually get nightly? One of the main reasons I didn't chose this diet was because of having to do the protein nightly. Snappy is super picky and will only eat whole hard boiled eggs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LGRS Suggie Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGRS Suggie Soup   LGRS Suggie Soup Empty

Back to top Go down

LGRS Suggie Soup
Page 1 of 1