Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

preggo glider needs nails clipped

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

preggo glider needs nails clipped Empty
PostSubject: preggo glider needs nails clipped   preggo glider needs nails clipped EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:05 am

All my gliders need their nails clipped. I have clipped the joeys nails cause she sleeps like the dead! But her mama has a joey in pouch and is now huge! i am to scared to clip hers. I am don't want to harm her or the joey let alone freak her out.

Can anyone tell me the bast way to handel a pregnant glider for nail clipping.I don't know if she is used to it or not. I have not done theirs yet other then the joey. They are all bonding well but mom has been a little standoffish in the last week or two. I am guessing because of thejoey in pouch.

Back to top Go down
FeathersNFur
Still IP
FeathersNFur

PostSubject: Re: preggo glider needs nails clipped   preggo glider needs nails clipped EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:06 pm

I would put her in a clean pouch, hand her a treat and then take out one foot at a time close the pouch around the foot and gently hold the pouch closed.

Hang on tight to that little foot, she will pull and tug, more so with the front feet, but this is better than her getting hung up on something because her nails are too long.
Back to top Go down
FeathersNFur
Still IP
FeathersNFur

PostSubject: Re: preggo glider needs nails clipped   preggo glider needs nails clipped EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Best to do it in the morning when she is sleepy also.
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

PostSubject: Re: preggo glider needs nails clipped   preggo glider needs nails clipped EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Would it be best to do it while all 3 are in the pouch or put her in a diffrent pouch?
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: preggo glider needs nails clipped   preggo glider needs nails clipped EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:46 pm

It would be best to do it with just her in the pouch, that way you know you're getting her's and there's no other little bodies in the way trying to share her treats.
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

PostSubject: Re: preggo glider needs nails clipped   preggo glider needs nails clipped EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:56 pm

good point SS!!!!!!!!

I just figured she would be calmer if I left the other 2 in the pouch with her. But I can't have them eatting all her treats!
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: preggo glider needs nails clipped   preggo glider needs nails clipped EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:32 pm

good luck!! Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: preggo glider needs nails clipped   preggo glider needs nails clipped Empty

Back to top Go down

preggo glider needs nails clipped
Page 1 of 1