Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Introducing a new glider

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dixiechopper
Still IP
dixiechopper

Introducing a new glider Empty
PostSubject: Introducing a new glider   Introducing a new glider EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:15 pm

I have had Dixie for a while now and I found Chopper and bought him because I know Dixie needs a playmate and he was in the wrong hands. I started last night letting Dixie walk on the outside of Choppers cage. At first they took turns biting each others feet and would hiss and then after a few minutes of smelling each other Chopper started licking Dixie and she started rubbing her chest all over him through the cage it was soo sweet. I read online that they could fight if I was to let them play together and I haven't got Chopper bonded with me yet so I wasn't quite sure about taking the risk and I don't want Dixie to get hurt she's my baby! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or better info on introducing gliders.
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new glider   Introducing a new glider EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm

read this. it will tell you everything you need to know about intros. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
dixiechopper
Still IP
dixiechopper

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new glider   Introducing a new glider EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:03 pm

thank u
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new glider   Introducing a new glider EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm

They shouldn't even be in contact for 30 days. And most certainly not before a wellness exam.

Also, be careful with the whole allowing one to run on the others cage....my vet told me of a glider she had to treat when one got ahold of it thru the bars and broke both of it's front arms. Not to mention, you said they took turns biting eachothers feet....that's not a good thing. Not sure if you've ever been bitten but they are more than capable of taking a toe off of another glider.
Back to top Go down
sharonjean
Joey
Joey
sharonjean

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new glider   Introducing a new glider EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:38 am

Put the cages in the same room for about a month or so, or when you feel they are comfortable with each other! And of course make sure you have the wellness exam, but whenever you feel that they are comfortable with each other, slowly let them introduce themselves closer, with supervision of course Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new glider   Introducing a new glider Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing a new glider
Page 1 of 1