Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Colony Cage Size

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Countryncrafty
Countryncrafty

Colony Cage Size Empty
PostSubject: Colony Cage Size   Colony Cage Size EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:09 pm

What is your biggest colony and what is their cage size? How many shelves (not the flannel ones but ones that are made of wire or whatnot) do you have?
Back to top Go down
http://cncglidersngoods.com/
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

Colony Cage Size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colony Cage Size   Colony Cage Size EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:13 pm

I have 5 in these 3 linked cages. I hope to introduce my twins to these guys once they come home and do quarantine.

I have shelves in the first 2 cages (2 in the 1st cage, 3 in the 2nd) that I put hidey holes on so I can hide treats inside. The first cage is their "eating" cage...where their kitchen & water bottle is placed. 2nd cage has a water bottle and some hidey holes where foraging food is hidden, a few climbing branches and a ball pit. 3rd cage has no shelving at all and is their play cage...bunch of stuff to play on/in. Their Lego hiding place is in there, a couple ball pits with balls in one, fleece in the other. I hide treats in there sometimes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
vegasugar
Joey
Joey
vegasugar

Colony Cage Size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colony Cage Size   Colony Cage Size EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:58 pm

^ great set up!!
Back to top Go down
kjgoulet
Joey
Joey
kjgoulet

Colony Cage Size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colony Cage Size   Colony Cage Size EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This cage has 5 gliders in it. The dimensions are 40" L X 30" W X 72" H and they will be getting a second wheel since only a couple are into the CC wheel lol! I don't have any metal ledges in any of my cages, just the fleece ones with ropes all over and toys. I've added toys and I change out the wood piece regularly. They love it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tenderlovingsuggies.webs.com
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

Colony Cage Size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colony Cage Size   Colony Cage Size EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So that is my cage approximately 5'x3'x1.5' with 1-2 shelves and 3 wheels for my 4 girls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
Countryncrafty
Countryncrafty

Colony Cage Size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colony Cage Size   Colony Cage Size EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Thank you everyone for your answers!
I was asking because I was told by some that my cage wasn't big enough for my 5 gliders much less 6. My cage is a 2 ft wide, 5 ft tall, & 2 ft deep. I have read in MANY places that each gliders needs 2 cubic feet of space (of course taller over wider), my cage is 20 cubic feet so I thought it was fine.

I can see my cage is fine comparing it to ya'lls, but I think I'm going to go ahead and get/build a bigger one when I can anyway lol. If I build it it will be 3ft wide, 5 ft tall, and 3 ft deep or 45 cubic feet.

The reason I didn't originally just build the 3x5x3 is because I would have had to order the materials instead of picking them up and I had never thought I'd have 6 beautiful gliders lol.
Back to top Go down
http://cncglidersngoods.com/
Sponsored content

Colony Cage Size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colony Cage Size   Colony Cage Size Empty

Back to top Go down

Colony Cage Size
Page 1 of 1