Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Kitchen-how many and size?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Countryncrafty
Countryncrafty

Kitchen-how many and size? Empty
PostSubject: Kitchen-how many and size?   Kitchen-how many and size? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:04 pm

This is stemming from my other thread but needs it's own area.

What is the reccomended/correct amount of glider kitchens/dining halls to have for gliders in a big colony?

For example I have 5 sugar gliders that are (now -yay!) all in one dwelling. I currently have 1 kitchen, but since I didn't want any arguments I haven't been using it.
At first I put their food in five different areas, then three, but I don't know how much, if any, more I need to condince it.

Having their food in all these areas with out the use of a glider kitchen has been messy, there is food all over the tray/bottom/shelves...and some outside the cage in the front-thankfully my walls and desk are protected lol.

ALSO What is better, a taller x shorter one that they can sit on their food bowls/plates to eat on but only allows room for 1 or 2 "tables" (hehe)-so very little ground space- or a shorter x longer one that won't allow them to stand up but has more ground space.

Examples would be a "gallon" (10 cup I think is what they migth call it) size rectangular conatiner vs a cereal container
Back to top Go down
http://cncglidersngoods.com/
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen-how many and size?   Kitchen-how many and size? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:39 pm

I think if you can find a Glider kitchen, that is tall and longer, I think that would work. So they can have standing place and floor space. If you can't find that I would go with the longer, so they are not all on top of each other trying to eat.

About how many kitchen, I would not know, because I dont know if all your gliders like eating together with no fights. I would try two, and if you feel that is not enough room for them add a third so they have an opition to with food bowl they want to eat out of.

Back to top Go down
etrnalsunshinee
Still IP
etrnalsunshinee

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen-how many and size?   Kitchen-how many and size? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:54 pm

I agree with Erica, two or three should be good. Just make sure there are plenty of exits so if they bicker there's always a way to get out Smile

As for the height, you want your gliders to be able to stand up on their hind legs inside. Mind you this is still pretty short, (little munchkins!) so extra ground space can't hurt either Very Happy

Last edited by etrnalsunshinee on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
dixxi_moon
Joey
Joey
dixxi_moon

PostSubject: what are yall talking about kitchens?   Kitchen-how many and size? EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 12:06 am

StellaAnLuna wrote:
I think if you can find a Glider kitchen, that is tall and longer, I think that would work. So they can have standing place and floor space. If you can't find that I would go with the longer, so they are not all on top of each other trying to eat.

About how many kitchen, I would not know, because I dont know if all your gliders like eating together with no fights. I would try two, and if you feel that is not enough room for them add a third so they have an opition to with food bowl they want to eat out of.

what are yall talking about glider kitchens and dining halls what does this mean? thanks
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen-how many and size?   Kitchen-how many and size? EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:26 am

I use a plastic shoebox. WalMart, 98cents. I have 5 gliders & one kitchen but I don't have any food aggression issues. Obviously if you do you would want to place more kitchens throughout the cage. If you don't have an issue I don't see why you would need more then one.

Yes, the shoebox top is what I use for the bottom of the kitchen....I just don't have it snapped on in the pic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
dixxi_moon
Joey
Joey
dixxi_moon

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen-how many and size?   Kitchen-how many and size? EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:47 am

oh ok thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen-how many and size?   Kitchen-how many and size? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kitchen-how many and size?
Page 1 of 1