Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Latest from the "Wood" Lots of cage pics!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

Latest from the "Wood"  Lots of cage pics! Empty
PostSubject: Latest from the "Wood" Lots of cage pics!   Latest from the "Wood"  Lots of cage pics! EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:48 am

Lulu's & Skadoosh's "Wood" is always getting tweaks, big or small. Most of the time this occurs during cleaning day, but not always, sometimes it's inspired by something new or just a new idea. This is the case this morning, after some alterations last week on cleaning day, a new idea came to me early this morning, a "play ground". So I spent some time on implementing and fitting it in. I used the bottom "drop pan" from their first vacation cage that is no longer around, other than a few salvaged parts. I tried a couple of different options, then fit the rest of the floor furnishings to fit around what I thought worked/looked best.

You may even catch a glimpse of my Skadoosh, who came back out from her pouch to check out what I had done, or see if I left food behind, lol. I did leave the dinnerware behind for photos. And, please excuse the mess on the floor, lol.

I present "The Enchanted Wood of Lulu & Skadoosh"

Skadoosh is in the left upper corner, by the HPW feeder.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Skadoosh on right, having a refreshing drink of water, lol.

The rest of the photos were taken with regular camera, so quality will be different.

Over all shot.

The Floor shot.

Previously the branch was standing tall (vertical), I laid it down and behind that is the treehouse with playground. It's a flat surface platform that I have the treehouse stabilized on as well as their "toy basket", and a little play area.

Latest from the "Wood"  Lots of cage pics! >99

And a couple of shots of the upper area, from different angles
Back to top Go down
icuspeak
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
icuspeak

PostSubject: Re: Latest from the "Wood" Lots of cage pics!   Latest from the "Wood"  Lots of cage pics! EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:25 pm

I just love your cage. I wish I had an imagination to do something like that. I did however dedicated a whole room for my babies and I let them out for a couple hours at night while I'm in there to let them play. I was wondering where you got that big piece of wood that you have on the bottom of the cage? I have been wanting to get something like that for them to put in the room but I didn't know where I could get one at that is safe for them. Thank you in advance in letting me know where I can get one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: Latest from the "Wood" Lots of cage pics!   Latest from the "Wood"  Lots of cage pics! EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 pm

So fun! If you have time you should list where you found your items so that other owners can have great set-ups like yours!
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: Latest from the "Wood" Lots of cage pics!   Latest from the "Wood"  Lots of cage pics! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks everyone, I'll be glad to list where I got their stuff from, I'll do my best to include everything. If there is anything I missed, please feel free to mention it.

The branch, which is the piece that looks like wood I got from the reptile/aquatics section of either Petco or PetSmart, but many years ago. Those stores may still sell them or some very close to it. They're not really cheap, but they last far longer than actual wood and I feel a piece is a good investment, this branch is so very versatile.

[It actually has a little story behind it. I hope you don't mind that I share this along with the info, for it holds another kind of value to me in my heart. I had gotten it for my little dragon and after he had become too old to climb in, it was cleaned and sat in closet for several months. I pulled it out, cleaned and disinfected it again, and used it for the gliders. I actually feel good that I can use this piece again for other pets that I love so dearly.]

I have a second small ramp (green thing on the shelf) also found in reptile/aquatics section of large pet store chain, that was my little dragons "old age" basking platform when he could no longer climb the branch. Since his passing I also disinfected it and use in the girls cage.

Both wheels are Fast Track, the regular sized wheel I had custom sized the track (which is allowed), so it's not so wide to eat up cage space. The travel size wheel, is I guess the standard size.

I had purchased some pouches from KrysCritters, 2 are in cage atm, top right front pouch and floor level is the "froggy" pond anemone pouch. A tunnel and hammock set was purchased from PP right after I brought my girls home (Helping to inspire the woodland theme).

The rest of the items were made: All I either made or embellished bought ones, braided fleece ropes, blankies, strips and liners. With the help of one of my sisters and her sewing machine, a few pouches were made, including the tree pouch seen in avatar.

The swing basket I believe came from Michaels craft store, it was on sale .50 a pc, so I bought 2 for a dollar. They are what some restaurants use to bring bread or appetizers in and also used by some fast food.

Treehouse & playground.

Treehouse is a Weeble Wobbles treehouse that I was lucky to find in a local thrift store, I think I paid around 3$ or something for it. I did strip it down a lot, removing everything I thought could pose a danger or cause injury to my girls. Just more recently I pulled the base off, because it was awkward to clean and position.

Playground is the drawer type drop pan from a cage I had purchased earlier this year for a vacation cage, some may be familiar with it. I was recently able to get a nicer, larger vacation cage thanks to Aimee (some know as DCMuffin), who has been very helpful to me. Not wanting to totally waste everything, I kept some parts I thought may be useful one day.

Another option considered for playground was the back portion of old Wodent wheel that I had used previously for a play pit after farther research. I stopped using it for play pit, because it was still a little bit of a pain to keep clean. I was thinking the base (back) would make a great platform on it's own for a playground. I'm holding on to it just in case I fine some use for it.

Name signs were made from acrylic pieces I had around the house, 1/2 circle is from a calendar stand and rectangle from magnetic photo frame. I purchased the foam letter stickers from Michaels I believe. Used craft lace and beads for embellishment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest from the "Wood" Lots of cage pics!   Latest from the "Wood"  Lots of cage pics! Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest from the "Wood" Lots of cage pics!
Page 1 of 1