Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Questions/Poll

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

Questions/Poll Empty
PostSubject: Questions/Poll   Questions/Poll EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 am

Hello, I was wondering if you guys could help me out. As a new owner what were the first things you wanted to know more about on gliders? For me it was: "what is this thing?!?" As I received Luna for a surprise gift, but what was your first glider related google search?
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

Questions/Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Poll   Questions/Poll EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:36 am

Simply my first search was Sugar glider. Someone was selling one on CL and I had no idea what it was. Looked up pics first. After that it was whatever I could pull up to read about them. Yes that means all the PP stuff to. Found GG and joined up to hear owners side of the story before I took a guess at who was right! The owners won!
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

Questions/Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Poll   Questions/Poll EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 am

The first thing I wanted to know was diet & care. "The care and feeding of your pet" as it were. I suppose diet was the most important thing I wanted to learn because so much of one's health depends on one's diet, regardless of species.

Batman had a diet of purely apples, an occasional popcorn or cookie. Supposedly, he had scrambled eggs every now and then but his fur coloring was so yellow, I am led to believe he had just apples. This was further evidenced by the fact that for MONTHS he would not touch a single apple. I had to reintroduce it to him recently and even so, if I serve apple more than once a month, he will snub it!

Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

Questions/Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Poll   Questions/Poll EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:09 am

The first thing I looked for was cage sets and then diet. I trusted the person that I got Snappy from so I didn't think she would be so off on how she was feeding her. I just wanted her cage to be comfy and look cute.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

Questions/Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Poll   Questions/Poll EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:57 pm

The very first thing I looked up was sugar glider as pets. When I first looked up sugar gliders a lot of stuff from PPP comes up, also many videos from youtube that brought me back to their website. I realized over and over they say not to listen to what you read on forums and on the internet. Finally I realized that they where not the place for information after reading through some forum threads.

After that I looked up various diets, care, cage size, gender, personalities, breeders, vets, forums... everything! I still try to look up things on sugar gliders. I love to learn anything I can, because there will always be something to learn!

Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

Questions/Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Poll   Questions/Poll EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Thank you all for the help, I will be writing up a page for people outside of the US for SGAA and I was wondering what their first searches and questions might be. I am hoping it will be helpful for them but also us, we will have a reference guide for things that they may ask on the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
Sponsored content

Questions/Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Poll   Questions/Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions/Poll
Page 1 of 1