Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Suncoast as Breeders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

Suncoast as Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Suncoast as Breeders   Suncoast as Breeders EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Okay, give it to me straight up. What are your thoughts on Suncoast if you were looking to get two joeys in the future? PM if you want but I've gotta know what you think. Are they a mill breeder? Pros and Cons, personal experience, hypothetical guesses. Give me what you got.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: Suncoast as Breeders   Suncoast as Breeders EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:50 pm

They have warehouses, you are also not able to see parents or come to the facility......so i have been thinking mill for a while. Definitely profiting off gliders much like Pricilla, Tyler, or that sandman dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suncoast as Breeders   Suncoast as Breeders EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 am

i dont know to much about them but im always iffy when it comes to big breeders that seem more like a company than a person having a few cages of gliders that are their pets and breeding them. you should stick with people you know or ones you can go to and see how they are set up for yourself. or even just rescue some gliders that are in need of a home. maybe linda knows more since she owns the millbreeder project.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Suncoast as Breeders   Suncoast as Breeders EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:40 am

Hubby & I are wanting to get a girl leu for him and I am not really sure what color variation I have a preference for...just so long as s/he is healthy and of a different color than what we've already got. Hoping for twins but so long as they're from the same breeder, it should be close enough. I def don't want any in-bred, mill breeder babies, though.

And I love my rescues/rehomes, I really do...but we would like joeys this time, I think.

Just doing research now and setting up some groundwork. We were totally unprepared last time and had to put so much on our credit card because my ex-boss' son didn't want Batman any longer. This time, I hope to do everything differently: have a cage and cage sets already waiting, toys set up, money set aside for 1st and 2nd fecal float/smear & wellness checks, and the kids will have each other to occupy them while they wait out the 30 day quarantine.

We don't have anything against getting older gliders...but really, the odds of getting an adult leu girl is slim. And if a leu were set up for adoption, I'd have to wonder if she's been bred to exhaustion or not?

Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: Suncoast as Breeders   Suncoast as Breeders EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:58 am

If she was bred to exhaustion I would wanna save her, lol.
People often sell older gliders or rehome them on GC, I would check there. That's how I got my second pair.

You may consider a small hobby breeder like Koz rather than a large company, one really good reason is because someone like Koz will be bra training that puppy from day one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suncoast as Breeders   Suncoast as Breeders Empty

Back to top Go down

Suncoast as Breeders
Page 1 of 1