Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

sulfer water and blinking glider questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

sulfer water and blinking glider questions Empty
PostSubject: sulfer water and blinking glider questions   sulfer water and blinking glider questions EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:46 pm

sometimes there are blinking gliders like today general stuff the pic was a blinking glider and the one under it why do they blink? and sulfer water. i have well water that is sulfer water. i learned sulfer is actually bacteria of some sort. i was raised on sulfer water as were many people but do yall think it can be bad for gliders?
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: sulfer water and blinking glider questions   sulfer water and blinking glider questions EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:38 am

I usually use bottled water for my gliders... I have city water and I can look at it and see it's nasty, my kids don't get to drink from the tap and neither do my gliders. I'm not sure, but it's always better to play it safe than sorry since anything in such tiny bodies can be harmful when it wouldn't in a human's.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: sulfer water and blinking glider questions   sulfer water and blinking glider questions EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:13 am

I do not use the city water as well. As SS said, it is always better safe then sorry. sulfer water and blinking glider questions 2682118424
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: sulfer water and blinking glider questions   sulfer water and blinking glider questions EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Have you ever had your water tested? I know in Duval County the health department will test it for free. We had ours done and the water tested just fine. Here is a link that tells more about the sulphur in the water - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Sulphur is actually a gas, the smell comes from the bacteria that you are talking about. It doesn't cause you or I any issues because that is all that we have ever drank and our bodies are used to it. If your glider has always been given sulphur water the same would be true for her. I know that is all Snappy ever had.

That being said, we actually have an aerator that gets rid of the sulphur that comes up from the well. If you don't have one I highly recommend one because it makes a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: sulfer water and blinking glider questions   sulfer water and blinking glider questions EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Bottled water is actually very dangerous, for those of you wondering if it is better. City water is always the best way to go, the water is tested about 4 times daily for safety demanded by the gov. Bottled water has NO regulation as it is water from privately owned lands that neither the gov or FDA have jurisdiction over.

I really am not sure what sulfer water is, do you mean sulfur as in the element? If your water has been tested and approved it should be very safe, it is people who do not get their water tested or put in the necessary osmosis or filtration systems that should be worried. Like Brandy said, bacteria can produce the scent but it likely not dangerous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: sulfer water and blinking glider questions   sulfer water and blinking glider questions EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:17 pm

viciousencounters wrote:
Bottled water is actually very dangerous, for those of you wondering if it is better. City water is always the best way to go, the water is tested about 4 times daily for safety demanded by the gov. Bottled water has NO regulation as it is water from privately owned lands that neither the gov or FDA have jurisdiction over.

I really am not sure what sulfer water is, do you mean sulfur as in the element? If your water has been tested and approved it should be very safe, it is people who do not get their water tested or put in the necessary osmosis or filtration systems that should be worried. Like Brandy said, bacteria can produce the scent but it likely not dangerous.

Yes, she means sulphur as in the element. It makes our water around here smell like rotten eggs when it first comes out of the ground. It can smell awful. After adding the aerator to the system it would be very rare that you would smell it in the house or even at the aerator. I do occasionally smell it in the house if my one toilet runs non stop. The bacteria that is found is one that breaks down the sulfate and the smell is from them breaking it down.

I know that all wells that are put in around here are tested when they are first put in to make sure that they are safe for drinking. Sulphur in the water is very common in Florida so it is something that you just learn to deal with.
Back to top Go down
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

PostSubject: Re: sulfer water and blinking glider questions   sulfer water and blinking glider questions EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:22 pm

i must be weird becaquse i like the smell lol and as far as city water i would think the chlorine would be bad. its bleach basicly isnt it? were not ment to drink bleach well thats how i see it anyways whats your thoughts on that id be afraid to much for their little bodys
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: sulfer water and blinking glider questions   sulfer water and blinking glider questions EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:55 pm

SASSYS MOM wrote:
i must be weird becaquse i like the smell lol and as far as city water i would think the chlorine would be bad. its bleach basicly isnt it? were not ment to drink bleach well thats how i see it anyways whats your thoughts on that id be afraid to much for their little bodys

Chlorine isn't good for them either, but you can put a pitcher of water on the counter and the chlorine will evaporate after 24 hours. Putting it in the sun makes the chlorine go away faster. You can also use a carbon based filter.

I don't mind the smell of the sulphur water, but most people do. I can't stand to drink any other water unless it's the Zephyrhills Bottled Spring Water otherwise water has a funny taste to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sulfer water and blinking glider questions   sulfer water and blinking glider questions Empty

Back to top Go down

sulfer water and blinking glider questions
Page 1 of 1