Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kozi
Admin
Admin
Kozi

Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products? Empty
PostSubject: Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products?   Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:31 pm

What do you guys feed for treats/snacks?

I've been finding more and more organic/natural things, treats for kids, adults, etc.. that have no additives, dyes, etc.. so I think there are more and more options out there honestly. Surprised

I use almond slivers, yogies, dried papaya, mango, pineapple.. There's a couple other things I've found but I need to figure out the names of 'em. xD;

There are some various kid-oriented fruit snacks and that sort of thing.. heck, even disney has their own dried apple slices..

But yeah, I'd love to hear about what YOU guys use, too. Very Happy Perhaps some unique products you've found locally or in chain stores, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://kozigliders.com
freckles
Glider
Glider
freckles

PostSubject: Re: Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products?   Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Right now just the yogurt drops, and applesauce on my finger.

We were going to get some mealies but the store is out...said there was a shortage and they didnt get their shipment..

I was told to avoid nuts..is that because of the fat content? Are they ok once in a while..like a single peanut on occasion?
Back to top Go down
Kozi
Admin
Admin
Kozi

PostSubject: Re: Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products?   Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Most order mealies online as those are more healthy/raised a bit better.

Yeah, nuts are bad typically, that's a couple to a few times a month treat, not often at all and never salted peanuts.
Back to top Go down
freckles
Glider
Glider
freckles

PostSubject: Re: Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products?   Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 pm

I plan to order them online as well..but wanted to just get a few to see if they liked them first, they seem pretty picky thus far lol

Back to top Go down
Kozi
Admin
Admin
Kozi

PostSubject: Re: Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products?   Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 am

Many don't at first, you typically need to break one open and let them see/lick the guts.. xD; Mine now LUNGE for them.
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

PostSubject: Re: Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products?   Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 am

Mine absolutly love walnuts....they are right up there with mealies and shrimp. I give them a variety of nuts about twice a week....walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pinenuts. I know people say not to give them too often cuz they are fatty and upside down Ca:P ratio but IMO, while that may be true, they also offer many good oils for their skin and coat. On the night I offer nuts, I will also offer a high Calcium food to help balance it out.
Back to top Go down
tigerdriver86
Still IP
tigerdriver86

PostSubject: Re: Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products?   Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:11 pm

JazzNZoeysmom wrote:
Mine absolutly love walnuts....they are right up there with mealies and shrimp. I give them a variety of nuts about twice a week....walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pinenuts. I know people say not to give them too often cuz they are fatty and upside down Ca:P ratio but IMO, while that may be true, they also offer many good oils for their skin and coat. On the night I offer nuts, I will also offer a high Calcium food to help balance it out.

Im glad someone said this about nuts.

Also pay close attention to "no preservative" food. it's not always true, and may just simply contain an exorbitant amounts of sodium.

Also dried fruits can be highly processed and loaded with added sugar(on top of the sugar the fruit contains)

as a treat...no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products?   Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products? Empty

Back to top Go down

Extra Snacks and Treats? Special/Unique Store Products?
Page 1 of 1