Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Exotic Pet Store

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

Exotic Pet Store Empty
PostSubject: Exotic Pet Store   Exotic Pet Store EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:58 am

I went to this exotic pet store, the other day to look at fish, because it was the grand opening. I went in there and saw a sign that said "baby sugar glider for $250" for sale in this small side room. I went to go look, because clearly they should not be in a pet store. The baby sugar glider was in a cage the size for a DWARF HAMSTER... I couldn't even believe how small the cage was, and the wheel in there was too small for even a normal size gerbil! I took a peek inside the pouch and the baby glider was so tiny and would not even crab she was so scared from all the noise... poor baby. Angered I was on my way out and then I saw another sugar glider near the front of the store. He was alone as well, his cage was bigger but not the minimum size required. He was all brown from poor diet and had half a tail.. from self mutilation? Poor guy was eating pellets they had in his cage, and it was about 1:00 P.M. They say that they purchase their gliders from a wholesaler in Houston and their gliders never get handled. I am just frustrated because places like that make people believe that taking care of a sugar glider is easy.. small cage, no toys, and pellets only. Where I live people are always reselling their gliders on craigslist because it wasn't what they expected. So sad.. Exotic Pet Store 622076142
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

Exotic Pet Store Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exotic Pet Store   Exotic Pet Store EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:35 am

UGH, That just upsets me buy reading it! Those poor babies!Sad
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

Exotic Pet Store Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exotic Pet Store   Exotic Pet Store EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Exotic Pet Store 1798414718 Reading that hurts my heart, but maybe it's a chance to educate people about them? Hand out some fliers to people checking the gliders out or something? The pet store down here that sells them gives out a piece of paper with them gladly detailing some of the care- not really because he cares but because he carries larger cages, he sells bird toys, some glider toys, he sells some pouches and wheels (not that I'm sure if those wheels are safe or not haven't looked that far into it.) Maybe present it to them as being able to make more money if they're cared for properly- charge more for the bigger cage or something, A discount for taking 2... Assuming the pet store owner has a soul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exotic Pet Store Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exotic Pet Store   Exotic Pet Store Empty

Back to top Go down

Exotic Pet Store
Page 1 of 1