Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

glider throwing up

Go down 
+2
StellaAnLuna
icuspeak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
icuspeak
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
icuspeak

glider throwing up Empty
PostSubject: glider throwing up   glider throwing up EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Let me start this from the beginning. This morning around 5, like normal, my babies do there barking thing to get my attention to give them some mealies before they go to bed. Just like kids they get what they want no matter what. lol!
I was feeding them there mealies. My baby boy beeboo ate two mealies then went to get some water. After he did that I notice that he was throwing up. Lord was I scared. Since it was so early and I knew my vet that has seen him twice before was going to be open, I waited until 8 to call here. Until I was able to get in to see her I was looking and searching for possible of things that it could have been and all I could find is that Gliders DO NOT throw up and if they do then something is wrong. I gotten more scared than I was before and couldn't wait till I was able to see my vet. I'm telling you it was the longest time in my life. Sad
I got to my vet. Told her what happened. She weighed him. She took a pee and poo sample on him and came back to me and said that he is real healthy. His weight was good. His coat was in excellent condition and that he was hydrated. Boy that took alot of worring out of me. But why did he throw up since alot of people say that they don't? She told me that he probably gotten a bad meal worm and he threw it back up. They do that sometimes espcially if it's bad. She did give me some medicine to settle his stomach. I asked her that since he hasn't thrown up since five and now it's almost eleven is I should still give it to him and she said just for today then I can have the rest for a just in case thing.
I got him home. Kept him on me all day. He has eaten some watermelon and is drinking pedilite just for today and he is currently back in with his colony. He is doing good. I just wanted to share this story just in case anybody else comes along looking for a glider that throws up. Yea it's probably not a good thing but if you just feed them something the chance are what you have feed them was bad and they threw it back up. glider throwing up 3810726912
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

glider throwing up Empty
PostSubject: Re: glider throwing up   glider throwing up EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Thank you for sharing your story.

~Erica~
Back to top Go down
icuspeak
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
icuspeak

glider throwing up Empty
PostSubject: Re: glider throwing up   glider throwing up EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:22 am

I also wanted to put out there that if my glider throws up again that I will still take him to a vet cause you just never know what is wrong if they did throw up. I just really wanted to tell my story so people would know that sometimes they do throw up if they gotten ahold of something bad. I'm not telling no one not to take there baby to the vet especially if they throw up. I just wanted to let everyone know that they did and sometimes do throw up since everywhere that I read said that they don't throw up and when they do it's not a good sign.
Back to top Go down
savvy2011
Joey
Joey
savvy2011

glider throwing up Empty
PostSubject: Re: glider throwing up   glider throwing up EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:17 am

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
sharonjean
Joey
Joey
sharonjean

glider throwing up Empty
PostSubject: Re: glider throwing up   glider throwing up EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:10 am

I'm glad it was just bad mealies and not anything too serious!
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

glider throwing up Empty
PostSubject: Re: glider throwing up   glider throwing up EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Where did you get the mealies? Sorry I figure that it would be a good idea to know. I'm glad that your little guy is okay!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
brit9211
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
brit9211

glider throwing up Empty
PostSubject: Re: glider throwing up   glider throwing up EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:14 am

Glad he was ok.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

glider throwing up Empty
PostSubject: Re: glider throwing up   glider throwing up Empty

Back to top Go down

glider throwing up
Page 1 of 1