Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet Empty
PostSubject: Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet   Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:37 am

So, you know I am moving 3 hours away from where we currently live and we are having to find a new vet. Thankfully, the kids won't NEED their yearly checkup until October at the latest, HOWEVER, you know it's never too early to find a vet for such things and--KNOCK ON WOOD--sometimes you need them sooner than you think. (I like to be prepared, what I can say?)

That said, what questions do you ask your potential new vet to test their knowledge and experience?

Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

PostSubject: Re: Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet   Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:41 am

I just flat out asked mine how many gliders she had seen?

Was she comfortable treating them?

We touched base on neuters...just in case...she assured me she had done a few.

Ask if they are comfortable doing phone consults with more experienced vets should the situation warrant it?
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet   Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:28 pm

I asked around for first exam costs, costs per gliders, neutering costs, experience with gliders, after my first horrid encounter I asked about how they would handle my gliders. When I was in the office I was lucky to find out she was well informed and not swindled by PPP diets. She was also very open to learning about new diets and thanked me for coming in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
savvy2011
Joey
Joey
savvy2011

PostSubject: Re: Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet   Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:19 am

experience is my number one question! always!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet   Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Vet
Page 1 of 1