Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Meal Worm Anxiety!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Noone145
Glider
Glider
Noone145

Meal Worm Anxiety!! Empty
PostSubject: Meal Worm Anxiety!!   Meal Worm Anxiety!! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Alright, so I am SO CLOSE to being a Mommy and bringing home my girls. My Mother, reminds me everyday I have to get over my fear of bugs so I can feed the sugar gliders. I told her I know I have to get over my fear of bugs. Well a week ago I thought I was finally over my fear! Well my Mom and Dad wanted me to prove it...

So I got out of bed this morning and went downstairs to be greeted by my parents. I was a little suspicious when they made me breakfast.. Well while I was eating, they took out a small container and put something in their hand. They said "Hey Rose come see this little snake!" And being the foolish girl I am, I went to take a look. Well they poured seven HUGE meal worms into my hand and I screamed and dropped them. In all of this confusion I ended up stepping on two and squishing them.

Well I got VERY grossed out and puked all over the floor because of the now squished meal worms on my foot. After I cleaned my foot and the mess was gone, I asked my parents why they did it. They told me they wanted me to prove I had gotten rid of my fear. And I hadn't.

So, I think I need some help with this, is anyone deathly afraid of meal worms other than me? Has anyone gotten over their fear and wants to give me tips? It would be much appreciated, because soon they will livee in MY ROOM.

Yeah sort of urgent.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: Meal Worm Anxiety!!   Meal Worm Anxiety!! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:20 pm

I HATE bugs. Meal Worm Anxiety!! 1039223758

It was hard for me to give my babies meal worms at first, even when they were dried. After a long time of giving dried, I guess I just got used to them because when I started giving live mealworms they did not look so bad.

To this day I will not touch them, but the fear of looking at them has gone away. Also if you start with live then use tweezers so you wont touch them. Once your babies eat them it will be worth their excitement in the end.

It is awesome to see those ugly mealworms get their heads bitten off! Meal Worm Anxiety!! 2160475940
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: Meal Worm Anxiety!!   Meal Worm Anxiety!! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:23 pm

lovekelc wrote:
I HATE bugs. Meal Worm Anxiety!! 1039223758

It was hard for me to give my babies meal worms at first, even when they were dried. After a long time of giving dried, I guess I just got used to them because when I started giving live mealworms they did not look so bad.

To this day I will not touch them, but the fear of looking at them has gone away. Also if you start with live then use tweezers so you wont touch them. Once your babies eat them it will be worth their excitement in the end.

It is awesome to see those ugly mealworms get their heads bitten off! Meal Worm Anxiety!! 2160475940

LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: Meal Worm Anxiety!!   Meal Worm Anxiety!! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:35 pm

^ Meal Worm Anxiety!! 1922063074
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Meal Worm Anxiety!!   Meal Worm Anxiety!! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:16 pm

First, I will give you a tip and then I will give you a confession.

The tip: a lot of suggie parents will use metal (or plastic? Maybe they make plastic ones, too?) tongs to feed their sugar gliders. You can find them in them reptile section of PetSmart/PetCo. Matter of fact, you may wish to do this anyway, since gliders, when they don't know you, can end up biting you at first.

Now...the confession: prior to getting sugar gliders, I was creeped out by the idea of anything mouse-like in size running on my body. Yep. That's right. So sugar gliders on my arm, running up to my neck...Gave. Me. The. Willies. And I'm over it.

See?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now, I know what you're thinking...WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU HAVE SUGAR GLIDERS IF YOU HAVE A FEAR OF SMALL MICE-LIKE CREATURES?

Well...Batman needed a home. And a cage mate. And some loving. And I am helpless when it comes to poor helpless creatures needing a home.

I feel when you have enough love in your heart, you can conquer any fear. That and when you see your babies killing these little bugs, proving how mortal they are, you will no longer be afraid. Smile I am sure your suggies will come save you!!!
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Meal Worm Anxiety!!   Meal Worm Anxiety!! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:18 pm

First of all breath, they really aren't that bad. I started out using tweezers to feed them to Snappy. The first time I gave them to her I was really glad for those tweezers since she bit them instead of my fingers. Remember that if you take them straight out of the fridge to give them to the gliders they most likely won't be wiggling so that helps too. You'll figure it out.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meal Worm Anxiety!!   Meal Worm Anxiety!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Meal Worm Anxiety!!
Page 1 of 1