Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food Empty
PostSubject: cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food   cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 am

learning now that she shouldnt eat bait shop meal worms ugh after shes about to finish her 2nd box. they said they could have bacteria on them. well what if i cook them in boiling water?

also since i dont have access to ANY glider hpw etc at the moment (please dont get on me about it) i know HOW IMPORTANT it is but at the time i have to try to improvise with what i have at home. tonight when she gets up i made her the following foods to eat.

fruit=apple banana pineapple and strawberry mashed together
veggie=green peas sweet potato with chicken baby food mixed together
protien= scrambled egg with boiled 100% natural turkey burger
calcium=strawberry yogurt and cottage cheeze

would this be healthy enough till i get the hwp?

Back to top Go down
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

PostSubject: Re: cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food   cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 am

In a pinch, what you've prepared for her tonight all looks good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.millbreederproject.com
tigerdriver86
Still IP
tigerdriver86

PostSubject: Re: cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food   cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Im assuming HPW is one of those diets posted by other members, but your diet seems solid. I wouldnt feed eggs and turkey burger everyday, but your not, so your golden.

Dont overthink these diets, a lot of people scramble thinking if the ratios arnt perfect your gliders head will explode.

Also, there are other things equally as important as calcium for a glider, although I dont think calcium is "overrated", I think there is fear mongering that goes on with it. I've seen people post diets, only to be attacked, and tell the forum to piss off, and probably didnt take any of the advise into consideration.

Variety of veggies, Variety of fruit, Yogurt, good protein source, water....what else is there.(nuts maybe)

you seem to have a good grasp on diet, dont fret to much.
Back to top Go down
LabNGliderMom
Still IP
LabNGliderMom

PostSubject: Re: cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food   cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:55 am

Mealworms are mealworms no matter where they come from. I know a ton of people who get theirs from bait shops. You can also order them online or get them from pet stores. Walmart even carries the dried ones in the garden department.

let's not forget these are not yet considered domesticated pets... they are still wild animals, and int he wild, they eat raw eggs, lizards, baby/small birds and a ton of other stuff that we in the US with our pristine cages and toys and fancy diets think might be dangerous when it really is not. You do not need to boil or otherwise cook your gliders' mealies... but you can get them from a different source or get canned or dried ones if it makes you feel better.
Back to top Go down
http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food   cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food Empty

Back to top Go down

cooking the meal worms and please "grade" my food
Page 1 of 1