Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

sassy & skeeter & my daddy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

sassy & skeeter & my daddy Empty
PostSubject: sassy & skeeter & my daddy   sassy & skeeter & my daddy EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:06 pm

My daughter (daddys girl) and hubby teamed up on me so his name is SKEETER. He is sweet as honey and dosent bite at all. Sassy on the otherhand has attitude & aint afraid to use it. My daddy likes to come over and let her bite him lol he's a nut. He really likes them. He's 70.
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

PostSubject: Re: sassy & skeeter & my daddy   sassy & skeeter & my daddy EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:39 am

My husband does that. He has rough "man hands" so when they bite on him it doesn't faze him, and I don't think they could break his skin if they tried.

When doing nails I do the whole wrapping in fleece thing.... he helped the other day and I was trying to show him...well he just couldn't keep their heads covered. I watched him hold Mala as she was just chewing for all she was worth on his finger trying to get him to release her....he just held her up and watched her and laughed.... CrAzY!
Back to top Go down
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

PostSubject: Re: sassy & skeeter & my daddy   sassy & skeeter & my daddy EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:25 am

i tried to cover sassy with fleece but i get that bad feeling that she cant breath and i just cant do that lol
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: sassy & skeeter & my daddy   sassy & skeeter & my daddy EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:11 pm

It is kinda weird what happens to the glider you loved and accepted once they become bonded. I am going to assume you aren't bonded yet and Sassy is just scared so she compensates by being tough. Make sure when she gets treats that she sees you holding it and then she has to come to you to get it, this will strengthen trust and make her feel more comfortable in her new environment, try some gliding exercises after that too. When she is high up hold out and show her the treat then pull it back to your chest, if she trusts you she will glide to your chest or find a way to get to it lol, if she doesn't keep trying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

PostSubject: Re: sassy & skeeter & my daddy   sassy & skeeter & my daddy EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:47 pm

i will try the high up thing but sassys very well bonded with me seems she took right to me within a week. shes my baby now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sassy & skeeter & my daddy   sassy & skeeter & my daddy Empty

Back to top Go down

sassy & skeeter & my daddy
Page 1 of 1