Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!

Go down 
+9
BrandyF
dixiechopper
Mailie
shadow
StellaAnLuna
JazzNZoeysmom
BookGoddess
Jen
Kozi
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kozi
Admin
Admin
Kozi

SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! Empty
PostSubject: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Here's the new website: http://sgaa.info/

I'd love your opinions! This site is still a MAJOR WIP!

What would you like to see on it?

What categories do you think we should have? (ex. general, diet, health, products, etc)

What pages do you think we need? A page for each diet or one big one with various diets?

All kinds of basic stuff like this, please share your opinions so we can get the site up and running! Very Happy

Also, two new links!

http://forum.sgaa.info

and

http://chat.sgaa.info

Last edited by Kozi on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://kozigliders.com
Jen
Still IP

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Honestly, I would do a layout that differs more from your breeder website. Having the same layout can be confusing to people.

I also would do a much wider content box, and stick to navigation either across the top or down the side.

General, diet, health, housing, breeding are good categories, I think.

I would do a page for each diet, with one 'main page' that links to them all with a brief description.
Back to top Go down
http://sugarmountain.me
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:54 am

I love the look of this layout! Can you do anything about the ADs by chance though? One came up saying I had a new message and I clicked it not knowing what a message alert here might look like. Thankfully it only took me a moment to see my stupidity as it took me a download site. Those sites can be scary! I am all for having ADs but maybe have ones that are different?
Back to top Go down
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:55 am

Oh, and I adore the look of this site and the easy top menu bar!
Back to top Go down
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:56 am

Do we have a standard happy hour chat planned? Maybe every Friday night at 10pm EST so everyone can plan on coming to chat knowing other are planning to go to just for a fun evening of chatter? I like happy hour dates!
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:44 am

I did the same thing....clicked on the "you have 1 new msg." cuz I didn't know any better. UGH!

And I love the idea of all the diets being in one place but can we maybe do one better and include the recipe and maybe a few vendors where the ing. can be acquired?

So many people over on GG make a whole thread asking "where do you buy the HPWS?"

I think maybe another useful section would be for popular sites where we get our goodies. eucproducts.com I think is the main supplier of our eucalyptus...I think we all love Matt.
Maybe Camilles for a good source of Mealies... and any others that people here use and can recommend.

Maybe a few links to great Cage sites and deals.
Not saying these would be all inclusive but just a jumping off point....give newbys a place to start.

I'll keep thinking......
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:44 pm

I Love the way the layout is!Smile

I also clicked on that Ms thing and i it opened a new window and i just closed it.

ill be thinking.

~Erica~
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:21 pm

BookGoddess wrote:
Do we have a standard happy hour chat planned? Maybe every Friday night at 10pm EST so everyone can plan on coming to chat knowing other are planning to go to just for a fun evening of chatter? I like happy hour dates!

well we kinda have a happy hour for chat its anywhere from 8pm-midnight central time. or at least that is the time im always there since thats the time the gliders are having out of cage time and others do the same and/or just stay up late anyways. https://www.facebook.com/GliderChat i also recommend people join the FB chat room page i try to keep it updated if im not going to be there for some reason or if we are active at an odd time, sometimes i comment on it to remind people we are active at the normal time. everyone else is free to post that they are in the chat on the FB page.

yeah i know what you mean about those ads >.< hopefully something can be done about those fake FB type ads.
Back to top Go down
Mailie
Joey
Joey
Mailie

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:26 pm

I love this place so far! Thanks for making a wonderful place to hang out Exclamation Why does it open the replay in a new window when I want to add a smiley?
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:47 pm

not sure. it doesnt do that to me. maybe check your settings on here and for the browser your using.
Back to top Go down
dixiechopper
Still IP
dixiechopper

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:59 pm

i love the layout very useful page
Back to top Go down
Kozi
Admin
Admin
Kozi

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:04 pm

BookGoddess wrote:
I love the look of this layout! Can you do anything about the ADs by chance though? One came up saying I had a new message and I clicked it not knowing what a message alert here might look like. Thankfully it only took me a moment to see my stupidity as it took me a download site. Those sites can be scary! I am all for having ADs but maybe have ones that are different?

I'd talk to Khigh. Maybe she can check how much it costs to be adfree, cause usually it isn't free.. But if it isn't too much I may be able to manage it, not sure. Thankfully the domain I got cheap. But with free forums you can't typically choose what ads are on them.. It's just default, or you pay to avoid the ads. Some OTHER well known forums that I won't name here have 'glider related' ads not because their forums aren't free but because they WILLINGLY placed those ads on that website to make income off the people visiting it for each click they get. It isn't the same here. BECAUSE we're 'free' they AUTOMATICALLY put them here unfortunately. =/

I use Google Chrome, though, and there's an add on/extension that I downloaded/installed for it that just blocks ads entirely. I don't see them anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://kozigliders.com
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:34 pm

JazzNZoeysmom wrote:

And I love the idea of all the diets being in one place but can we maybe do one better and include the recipe and maybe a few vendors where the ing. can be acquired?

I think maybe another useful section would be for popular sites where we get our goodies. eucproducts.com I think is the main supplier of our eucalyptus...I think we all love Matt.
Maybe Camilles for a good source of Mealies... and any others that people here use and can recommend.

Not saying these would be all inclusive but just a jumping off point....give newbys a place to start.

I'll keep thinking......

I think these are great ideas. Especially for someone new to gliders. I had no idea that there were approved diets for them until I was researching and then I had to keep searching to find the ingredients.

Another thing that I think would be helpful would be suggestions for introducing new foods to gliders. My glider wasn't introduced to many veggies at all so now I'm having to work with her to get her to eat them. She is getting better, but I can imagine that many people would give up after the items not getting eaten once or twice.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:42 pm

BrandyF wrote:
JazzNZoeysmom wrote:

I'll keep thinking......

I think these are great ideas. Especially for someone new to gliders. I had no idea that there were approved diets for them until I was researching and then I had to keep searching to find the ingredients.

Another thing that I think would be helpful would be suggestions for introducing new foods to gliders. My glider wasn't introduced to many veggies at all so now I'm having to work with her to get her to eat them. She is getting better, but I can imagine that many people would give up after the items not getting eaten once or twice.

you should post this question on the forum then after getting everyone's advice we can put it on the info site. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Haven't had a chance to look over it thoroughly but here's a thought (and I better post before I forget...yes! I am one of those!): How about shortening the motto from

"A place to get real information on sugar gliders without the sugar coating"

to

"sugar glider info without the sugar coating"

?

They say that brevity is the soul of wit. Also, saying that it's "real" information sounds a bit cocky. Yes, we all know there's fake info out there, but it goes without saying that ours is the real deal. PPP also claims theirs is "real" and uses their vets to back their BS up. So I think the word "real" is real redundant.

It's like saying "these are real diamonds". No, you wouldn't say that. You'd say "these are diamonds" and then tell us what carat. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Okay, I've gotta say I am a bit toy obsessed. So, can we break down the toy section into subcategories:

1) All the different types of wheels in one section, the website's link of where you can purchase, basic breakdown of each type (customizable or not, some offer different track sizes--like the Raptor, some are completely customizable like the Custom Cruiser, which wheels come in a "Junior", "Baby" aka Travel Size; maybe include Fast Track's Treadmill & Tilt & Whirl?

2) Ball pits. What you can put in yours (golf balls, wiffle balls, ping pong balls, pom poms--but make sure they don't pull apart or are too small as it could be a choking hazard), army men, rubber ducks, fleece pom poms, plastic rings, milk rings that are cut to prevent strangulation

3) Foraging Toys & the different types: on a string, on a swing/bowl/tote

4) DIY toys and where to buy parts like beads, bracelets, plastic chain, foraging cups.

5) What to watch out for when buying Bird and Cat Toys (no frayed pieces of rope, you may want to avoid wood as it absorbs urine, no catnip!) And other hazards, such as don't leave feathers in overnight as it could be a choking hazard.

6) How often should you change out the toys/clean toys on average? And how to clean them?

7) Toys for chewers.
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:17 pm

thanks for the suggestions. you made a good point about the motto.
koz is the one that takes care of the info site and forum design/graphic stuff but her computer is broken at the moment so it will be a bit before she can do anything. ill message her about this and see what she thinks.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:53 pm

I was wondering why koz never put my "bonding" page up, I worked real hard on that lol. I was thinking to myself, man do my bonding tips suck that bad? Its got to be better than a blank page...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:56 pm

shadow wrote:
thanks for the suggestions. you made a good point about the motto.
koz is the one that takes care of the info site and forum design/graphic stuff but her computer is broken at the moment so it will be a bit before she can do anything. ill message her about this and see what she thinks.

I was wondering why I haven't seen her in a hot minute! Please also msg her that I miss her!!! Very Happy Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:25 pm

lol ok.

if you have time to write stuff for it and then email it to her so that she can post it when her computer is fixed that would be great as well.

yay for VE!! cant wait to read it lol.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 am

Lol tell her I miss her too, I always check in chat and then cry after realizing that mother nature wants me to do my homework and not talk to Koz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:14 pm

well if you had Facebook you could talk to her through that since she is able to get to it using her phone lol SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! 1542944006
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:44 am

Idk her full name. Sad But, if you don't mind, tell her this is me? https://www.facebook.com/rebecca.church.121 THANKS!!! XD
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:04 am

Rchurch wrote:
Idk her full name. Sad But, if you don't mind, tell her this is me? https://www.facebook.com/rebecca.church.121 THANKS!!! XD

That links to your FB profile. I'll send you a message on FB with a link to her profile.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:30 am

THANK YOU! And....I sent her a friend request. Hopefully, she actually likes me! Wink LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!   SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions! Empty

Back to top Go down

SGAA Website - WIP - Need your opinions!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next