Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

What have you learned about sugar gliders?

Go down 
+2
lilangels
Countryncrafty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Countryncrafty
Countryncrafty

What have you learned about sugar gliders? Empty
PostSubject: What have you learned about sugar gliders?   What have you learned about sugar gliders? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:29 am

I am curious, what have you learned about sugar gliders in the last 8 or so years? I don't mean the basic stuff like cage size, but other "tidbits" you wouldn't mind sharing with us?

Part of the reason I am asking is because I promised hubby I wouldn't get a breeding pair of gliders until my kids are 10+...which means I have at least 8 years of learning ahead of me Razz

Please don't jump me for wanting a breeding pair even though I haven't even had mine a year yet...I KNOW that I need to wait at least a year and learn as much as I can & research everyday, even if hubby said I could get them now I would wait Wink I was thinking about how much I could learn or what might change in the next 8 years or so and it made me wonder what other's have learned...

After thought: Please don't debate over diets or something like that and please don't say anything along the lines of "I learned you can't trust so and so" or whatever; I'm JUST curious of what you have learned about sugar gliders Razz
Back to top Go down
http://cncglidersngoods.com/
lilangels
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
lilangels

PostSubject: Re: What have you learned about sugar gliders?   What have you learned about sugar gliders? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:59 pm

I've learned gliders are very very addictive Smile You absolutely must always have a very large vet fund available. Gliders are a TON of work even if you don't mind doing everything you have to for them they still take a lot of time and effort. No matter what goes wrong in a day it can all be made better by one teeny tiny glider kiss. No matter how prepared you think you are to be breeding gliders you will NEVER be prepared enough Smile Hand raising a joey is the most incredible thing ever but also the hardest work you will ever do. Not. hing can ever prepare you for the loss of one of your beloved gliders and there are no words in this world that can take away the pain when one dies. Last but not least is no matter how much you think you know about gliders there is always more to learn.
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: What have you learned about sugar gliders?   What have you learned about sugar gliders? EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:35 pm

The biggest thing that I've learned about having gliders is that just when I think I know most of what I need to know something comes along and everything changes. I've learned how rewarding having a face hug can be, I've also learned that there are some days that even bonded gliders get in a stink mood and take a bite.
Back to top Go down
LuuLuu
Almost Weaned
Almost Weaned
LuuLuu

PostSubject: Re: What have you learned about sugar gliders?   What have you learned about sugar gliders? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:28 pm

SecretSquirrel made some points I was gonna make. I get to the point that I THINK I am knowledgeable about gliders, then a situation proves me wrong. I've learned that the more time you spend with your gliders, the more rewarding it is to have them. After a long hard day, nothing is better than taking one out of a pouch and rubbing the little fuzzer all over your face! I've learned that the Dollar Tree is a GREAT place to find suggie toys and it doesn't matter what the toy looks like or how crappy the cage set looks (or how mismatched the cage set up is) they still love me. When feeding them flowers, have one flower per glider otherwise, they fight over them. Have phone numbers handy of people that you can contact about gliders. NEVER trust the cat!
Back to top Go down
dixxi_moon
Joey
Joey
dixxi_moon

PostSubject: slow and easy   What have you learned about sugar gliders? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:48 pm

seems she appreciates me going slow and easy with her and not being pushy with anything. i gave her 2-3 days in my home before i even thought of trying to touch her. i wouldnt want a stranger touching me etc but as long as they fed me and talked sweet tome etc i treat her as i would want to be treated and it seems to work good for us.
Back to top Go down
dixxi_moon
Joey
Joey
dixxi_moon

PostSubject: a face hug???   What have you learned about sugar gliders? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:52 pm

SecretSquirrel wrote:
The biggest thing that I've learned about having gliders is that just when I think I know most of what I need to know something comes along and everything changes. I've learned how rewarding having a face hug can be, I've also learned that there are some days that even bonded gliders get in a stink mood and take a bite.
pleaseexplain a face hug cuz if this thing grabs my face lol were gonna have a problem one of us anyways that would freak me out lol
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: What have you learned about sugar gliders?   What have you learned about sugar gliders? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:56 pm

dixxi_moon wrote:
SecretSquirrel wrote:
pleaseexplain a face hug cuz if this thing grabs my face lol were gonna have a problem one of us anyways that would freak me out lol

Face Hug - When your glider jumps or glides to you and lands on your face rather than on another part of your body. here you go
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there are more definitions here that may help you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you learned about sugar gliders?   What have you learned about sugar gliders? Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you learned about sugar gliders?
Page 1 of 1