Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

How do your current gliders respond to new gliders?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

How do your current gliders respond to new gliders? Empty
PostSubject: How do your current gliders respond to new gliders?   How do your current gliders respond to new gliders? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 pm

As most of you know, I've brought home a trio 2 days ago. Batman & Catwoman are acting a little freaked out. Do your gliders act "goofy" when you've brought in a new glider--even though they are in a different room and you take meticulous care in washing up between visits?

I am interested in what other ppl's experiences have been.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: How do your current gliders respond to new gliders?   How do your current gliders respond to new gliders? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Well yea, they know "others" are there. When there are two separate colonies in the house like that, noises you have never heard and will never hear again are made. it is really fascinating, their vocabulary seems to be much larger when they are not able to have physical contact but it is also heart wrecking since they like to do familiar noises we know of like barking and clicking telling each other to come over but they can't....makes you want to speed the intros along faster.

Some original gliders feel intruded on too, they will try to find ways to be more dominant and act silly. Over marking is one of the most obvious ones but when the cages are put near each other they also exhibit excessive attention, monitoring the other cage like a hawk. Other times they might be really intrigued by the others and cling to anything they have been in contact with.

The two groups know that each other is there even though separated. Your original pair probably wonders what this means for them, will they share you? Get half as less time out of the cage? Will they get to live with these strangers or ever meet them or will they live on the other side of the house and never be able to put a face to those calls? If they live together are they going to abide by their rules, after all, they were here first? Are they other sugar gliders or something else? ....They may also think "wait a minute, will we have to share our mealworms?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: How do your current gliders respond to new gliders?   How do your current gliders respond to new gliders? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Batman & Catwoman are acting more reclusive while in their cage. I can feel them sulking. So far, one member of the new trio barked a very little bit but Catwoman's been quiet. (She is normally the "barker".)

While I am not in a hurry to intro them, I want the 30 days to be up already so I can bring the trio's cage into the bedroom w/Bats & Cats. Haven't been sleeping well as when I lie down, I want to get up and check on "the new babies" to make sure they are alright. I don't know why they wouldn't be: they have each other, lots of foraging toys, toys that swing and toys that go "ding" so...what is MY problem? LOL Also curious to see if the kids will like each other. But I don't want to rush it. Gonna let them get used to them being "somewhere" in the house before I bring them to be in the actual bedroom.

As for the meal worm "problem"....I JUST ordered the 500 count mealies from Carmilles Vita-Worms. My very first order. Should be here by tomorrow at the latest. I hope the mail comes early!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do your current gliders respond to new gliders?   How do your current gliders respond to new gliders? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do your current gliders respond to new gliders?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA :: Sugar Gliders :: General Stuffs-
Jump to: