Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

My little family!

Go down 
+3
TJones09
viciousencounters
lovekelc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: My little family!   My little family! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Right now I have my little ones in two separate cages.

Momo & Cheezers in one.
Pabu, Calvin, and Hobbes in another.

I tried putting all five together, every single one of them got along accept Momo. So I have decided to keep them in their separate cages.
Other than that, they are all doing wonderful!
Here are a few pictures! Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

^Little Pabu all grown up, and how stunning is she? Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

^ My little man Calvin posing for the picture! Smile
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Aw cute!

If it is only Momo that is getting in a fuss about it then you could try and house Momo alone for a few days while the other 4 live together in plain few. Sometimes one glider need to see how good things could be, then try an intro with Pabu, Calvin, or Hobbes.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:59 pm

That is a great idea! Thanks for the help.
I will try this and let you know what happens!

My little family! 2557410910 I hope it works.. Having them all in one cage would be awesome! A little colony! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Hey, wish you luck!
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 pm

It worked for me, so it would be cool to know if it is successful with others.

Another thing I tried was placing my original pair in a zippered bonding pouch and placing that pouch inside a fleece backpack with the pair I was trying to introduce. This way they had to sleep together for hours during the day but in a safe and controlled environment.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:23 pm

I tried this, and she it did not seem to affect her. :/ She would sit on the WAY opposite end of the zipped pouches, away from the other four, every day.

When I first introduced her back to Cheezers, she was very crabby then recognized him and seemed okay with just him.

Not my other two boys, she just acted the same. They seem to be very accepting of her, and friendly but then she starts crabbing and tries to snap at them, then scares the heck out of my boys and they wont go near her.

I will try this again, sorry for the long time response I have been busy with class and being with the littles.

Having them all in one cage would be great.
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Adorable! Pabu, is getting so big!

Hope, all goes well, with getting them all together. Wishing you luck.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Its okay for her to crab and get snappy, it is normal for them to be vocal during meetings. It is safe and normal to see crabbing, slapping, and chasing in introductions. These things mean that they are figuring out hierarchy and they should be left to do this and not split up.

If you see balling up like an old fashion cartoon then this would be worrisome and should be broken up as soon as possible. They may also bite down, which you would want to avoid.

You said you saw lunging with crabbing, from my experience this means she is uncomfortable but likely won't actually hurt them she just wants who is in charge to be established quickly but if she charges, looks for trouble from the newbies, and then tries to bite I would think her dominance is getting in the way of a successful intro. Momo sounds like an alpha My little family! 2557410910 cute My little family! 2557410910 so it is not surprising for her to be looking for the position up top using her assertive aggression.

My Luna established her dominance eventually during an intro, chasing down the older female from my "new" pair, backing her up into a corner, then slapping her in the face 3 or 4 times. It sounds mean but I am glad they decided to work things out in front of me rather than ignore each other, me think everything's cool, and then they work it our in a confined cage later.
Back to top Go down
icuspeak
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
icuspeak

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 am

That happen to me when I was trying to get my colony of four together. One of them just was not having it. Always went up and fought and I do mean like a ball up fight with all the other gliders. So I decided to put him in a cage all by himself and push the cages closer but not close enough where any arms or leggs can be pulled at. He was in there for like five days. On the fifth day I put him in the cage with the others and it was instant, Hey I know You. I'm sorry for what I done. Can I be your friend type of thing. Now they all live happily ever after in one cage and sleep in the same pouch even though I have two pouches in there cage just in case. LOL.
Back to top Go down
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:52 am

Your babies are ADORABLE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.millbreederproject.com
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:23 pm

cute pictures! wish my boys would stay still long enough to get some nice pictures lol.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:04 am

viciousencounters wrote:
Its okay for her to crab and get snappy, it is normal for them to be vocal during meetings. It is safe and normal to see crabbing, slapping, and chasing in introductions. These things mean that they are figuring out hierarchy and they should be left to do this and not split up.

If you see balling up like an old fashion cartoon then this would be worrisome and should be broken up as soon as possible. They may also bite down, which you would want to avoid.

You said you saw lunging with crabbing, from my experience this means she is uncomfortable but likely won't actually hurt them she just wants who is in charge to be established quickly but if she charges, looks for trouble from the newbies, and then tries to bite I would think her dominance is getting in the way of a successful intro. Momo sounds like an alpha My little family! 2557410910 cute My little family! 2557410910 so it is not surprising for her to be looking for the position up top using her assertive aggression.

My Luna established her dominance eventually during an intro, chasing down the older female from my "new" pair, backing her up into a corner, then slapping her in the face 3 or 4 times. It sounds mean but I am glad they decided to work things out in front of me rather than ignore each other, me think everything's cool, and then they work it our in a confined cage later.

Yes it is the balling up I would see and I would have to separate them (she did try to bite down but she does not have any bottom teeth they were removed from her dental surgery). For now I am just keeping their cages right next to each other, I have both cages in my room. The first night I heard crabbing from both sides all night, but after that they have been more normal.

Every day though she just watches them through the bars (she is still with her buddy Cheezars), just stares at them. I think I am going to keep the cages next to each other for a while then start again the introductions the way you have said. Haha Momo is like an alpha! My little family! 1922063074

Thats funny, I hope they can all get along some day I am willing to wait and take it day by day.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 am

Thank you LSardou and Shadow! My little family! 2557410910
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:07 am

icuspeak wrote:
That happen to me when I was trying to get my colony of four together. One of them just was not having it. Always went up and fought and I do mean like a ball up fight with all the other gliders. So I decided to put him in a cage all by himself and push the cages closer but not close enough where any arms or leggs can be pulled at. He was in there for like five days. On the fifth day I put him in the cage with the others and it was instant, Hey I know You. I'm sorry for what I done. Can I be your friend type of thing. Now they all live happily ever after in one cage and sleep in the same pouch even though I have two pouches in there cage just in case. LOL.

LOL.
Hopefully I can unite all of mine! Very Happy That would be great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My little family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little family!   My little family! Empty

Back to top Go down

My little family!
Page 1 of 1