Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Lulu has bald spots on her head

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

Lulu has bald spots on her head - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lulu has bald spots on her head   Lulu has bald spots on her head - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks VE, I found that my girls do favor reset toys, well other than pillaging the foraging toys. I did leave a little toy basket on the floor with some safe items they could chew on or hopefully one day carry, but they don't bother much with them. I also try to get them out of cage play every other morning, but sometimes will do consecutively days or skip a couple days.

As for the reset toys, here is basically all I have tried so far:
place crazy straws around, dangling on cage walls or from cage top.
Place straws (cut in half) through mini wiffle ball (golf ball size), this hangs and seems to be completely de-strawed in the morning when I set it up. I do skip a couple nights or so, to help hold interest. I have these treat cups, which are actually the little party favor "ball in cup" toys you get at DT and I will place them around in C-links, through cage shelf, or in branch if vertical. I fill them with either yogurt or fruit & veggies chunks mostly, but occasionally place a few pellets in them. They love these the best, because they're both forage treats & resets in one, since I usually find the empty cups on floor of cage.

I've tried fleece, I have one wiffle ball that has a bunch of fleece strips tucked in with just a bit sticking out for them to de-fleece, which they haven't done. And I have placed fleece strips around through C-links here and there, they don't seem to bother with them either.

I'm now thinking to try hanging the ball with fleece strips instead of leaving it on floor, I'll see what they do with it tonight.
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

Lulu has bald spots on her head - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lulu has bald spots on her head   Lulu has bald spots on her head - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Ok, so I hung the fleece/ball reset toy and added Euc sticks to the other one I usually place straws in. Have to wait & see what interest they have in them.

Any other suggestions for reset toys? I have plenty of forage toys, sometimes I put a little something in every cup, sometimes I select a random few, and sometimes I place no treats in their forage toys, but will place them in the little treasure chests instead. I like them to forage and not be too predictable with placements.
Back to top Go down

Lulu has bald spots on her head
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA :: Sugar Gliders :: Diet and Health-
Jump to: