Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

A little change up in the girls habitat last night

Go down 
+2
Rchurch
TJones09
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

A little change up in the girls habitat last night Empty
PostSubject: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:12 am

I made a little change up in the "Enchanted Woods" yesterday. I have that big fake branch thing in there, and have been wanting to stand it tall for some time, but it has these 2 holes that are exposed when in that position. Now these are holes that are designed so you can sink it in an aquarium, but I'm always concerned that they'll pee in there, lol and that will be a pain to try to keep clean. So I've been leaving in lay horizontal this whole time. Monday, when I cleaned the cage, I was looking at these holes and trying to think of a safe way to plug them, but nothing came to mind, then yesterday.....it came to me, well look at the photos and tell me what you think, I think it worked out, at least so far.

This is zip tied to the floor and to side of cage to keep it from sliding around.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Closer up pic on just how I plugged those 2 holes

I was a bad mommy though and didn't fill those cups with any treats, lol. I went overboard with treats the night before, so I thought I'd skip a night, I will only put in about 4 each night from now on, just spread them around, there are too many treat cups in there with all their new toys.

It was kind of funny, when they got up last night, they were running all around their floor, with so much more floor space exposed it was like "What?" "This is different, what happened to our branch?"

Even with their diner in there last night, it still left more than half of their floor open.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:33 pm

It looks great to me! I don't fill up all their foraging toys bc if I did that, I'd have fat gliders! I probably put in 5 mealies and/or yogies for them to forage. I'll also take some of their normal meal & put them in foraging cups.
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Rchurch wrote:
It looks great to me! I don't fill up all their foraging toys bc if I did that, I'd have fat gliders! I probably put in 5 mealies and/or yogies for them to forage. I'll also take some of their normal meal & put them in foraging cups.

Thanks, I over did it the night before last, then felt guilty not giving them any last night, maybe that's why I had the bad dream I posted in another thread.

I might put some chopped f/v in those cups on the branch, I'm afraid they won't get it all if I put liquid in there, their tongues are long, but I don't think they could reach the bottom of them, lol. The other cups have holes, so I can't put liquid or yogurt in them either. Now I got to figure if there is a way to cut down on those long cups, hmmm...... I would love to put some yogurt in there.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:12 pm

TJones09 wrote:
I made a little change up in the "Enchanted Woods" yesterday.

That has to be the cutest name for your cage set up! Smile
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:17 pm

I like that....very cute!
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:34 am

Thanks again everyone. So i put cut up apple in a few different forage bowls, each of the cups on the branch got one chunk, & well, they like it!

I still think it would be neat to try to cut a couple of those shorter & sand them smooth to put some yogurt in them. I might have to see if my hubby will saw them down & hope they won't break.
Back to top Go down
hnich
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
hnich

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 am

Are the cups really hard? Could you not try and cut it with scissors and then sand a bit?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BokitCraftworks
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:08 am

hnich wrote:
Are the cups really hard? Could you not try and cut it with scissors and then sand a bit?

They are a pretty hard plastic, they're the favor toys that come with a ball on a string, you're supposed to get the ball in the cup. I just cut the string w/ball off.

Come to think of it, I may try to see how my soldering iron does, maybe I can melt through and around. I just may give that a try.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:31 am

Yeah, these guys:

Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:49 am

Rebecca, where did you get that pack? I got a pack that had 3 pink & 3 yellow at the Dollar Tree, but I like the other colors in that pack.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:28 am

HOBBY LOBBY!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Thanks RC, I don't have one nearby, but plan on visiting the Dollar Tree again soon, I want to pick up another pack, mostly so I can practice making these.

I melted them down with my soldering iron, as seen in pic, lol. I only have 4 left, so I wanted to keep at least 2 tall ones, at least for now. I'm thinking of trying to make them more scalloped to look more like a flower.

I have tested all the edges around with my finger, it is smoother than it looks, but I did touch up a couple of areas with the file. Now no sharp or rough areas, just not that pretty, lol.

There will be yogurt tonight!!!
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Woohoo! Looking good!!! I can't wait to see what you make of it when it's completely finished. Hopefully, you can catch the girls in the act of foraging for yogurt--and then post pics! Smile
Back to top Go down
hnich
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
hnich

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 pm

I'm glad you were able to make them shorter! I can't wait to see pics of the girls eating from them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BokitCraftworks
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:00 am

Well my girls really slept in last night, it was so late that I was too tired to get them out, Lulu hadn't even come out of pouch yet and it was midnight, I got a photo of Skadoosh tasting the yummy yogurt though, not the best shots.

I took a couple of photos, talked to them & went to bed, but they stayed up late in the morning and their daddy had a really good play time with them. They were up when it was going on 7, so I got a little playtime with the girls out of cage too. They are getting so nicer now, Lulu hasn't even tried to bite me in quite some time now.
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:20 am

Well, pictures not showing yet, usally takes 2 or 3 days from when i opened the thread, REAL irritating! I'm sure it looks great! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:58 am

Oh, I had no idea, I can see it in the thread right after in re-freshes so I thought everyone could see it. That is frustrating.

& thanks.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:54 pm

I love foraging toys! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Oh, that's GREAT! I love the look on her face. Looks like she's going, "Taste good, mommy!" Love it!

Kelsey, I love foraging toys too! Heck, I love ALL toys but a toy is made better if there's foraging involved! XD
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Rchurch wrote:

Kelsey, I love foraging toys too! Heck, I love ALL toys but a toy is made better if there's foraging involved! XD

Completely agree! A little change up in the girls habitat last night 1922063074
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:28 am

LOL, 2 mornings I find one of the cups pulled out, this am, both were, and I noticed yesterday that the other end (stick part) was a little chewed on, silly gliders, don't they know sticks are for rabbits, jk, other animals chew to & so do babies.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

I'm learning from my trio that gliders are VERY strong! Held a honey straw for one to hold & he tried yanking it out of my hand & into the cage! I would not want to be any animal on a glider's dining menu, I can tell you that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little change up in the girls habitat last night   A little change up in the girls habitat last night Empty

Back to top Go down

A little change up in the girls habitat last night
Page 1 of 1