Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Sugar Glider Color Variations

Go down 
+2
viciousencounters
KiKisMom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KiKisMom
Still IP
KiKisMom

Sugar Glider Color Variations Empty
PostSubject: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I heard some things about the different colors of sugar gliders and was wondering what everyone can tell me on the color variations and how they came about? Are the color variations available in their wild habitat?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Kathy
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Color variations came about from line breeding in captivity. In some cases a special mutant type is born and that same type is born somewhere else then they are breed to each other and this would not be line bred, the creamino variation is suppose to have come about like this.

Other colors are Albino, Leucistic, Platinum, Champagne, Mosaic, Lion, Caramel, Cinnamon, Ringtail or Whit tip tail, Black Beauties, and White Faced Blondes.

Cinnamons are typically just stained gliders, ie. not on a proper diet. True cinnamons are rare.

Greys or Standard gliders is the wild type of color variation for gliders, white tipped tail gliders are found in the wild often too. Caramel gliders or cinnamon gliders may be found in the wild but it may just be due to diet again, and fed a proper diet they will be grey again. Black beauties do exists in the wild also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 pm

I don't remember which website I read it on, (if I find it, I will post it here, ) but I heard that a solid black glider exists in the wild but cannot be reproduced in captivity! (I would love to see a pic of that! Ooooo.....Pretty!)

Back to top Go down
Kozi
Admin
Admin
Kozi

PostSubject: Re: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:26 pm

I started this but have been too busy to finish it. D:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are exceptionally black gliders in Australia, though not solid black, but darker than a BB.
Back to top Go down
http://kozigliders.com
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Here are 2 other sites that show color variations:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:01 pm

I have a serious problem with looking at other color variations and drooling. For example, I REALLY want a black beauty and I certainly wouldn't mind a cinnamon, nor a masked mosiac...or a ring tailed...

Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Rchurch wrote:
I REALLY want a black beauty and I certainly wouldn't mind a cinnamon, nor a masked mosiac...or a ring tailed...

or.. all of them. lol!
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:11 pm

lovekelc wrote:
Rchurch wrote:
I REALLY want a black beauty and I certainly wouldn't mind a cinnamon, nor a masked mosiac...or a ring tailed...

or.. all of them. lol!

How did you know? You must be psychic!! LOL! I'm not greedy. I just want one of each! XP
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:02 pm

LOL!!!! lovekelc thats EXACTLY what I was thinking!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Hey, if they didn't want to be abducted, they shouldn't have made themselves look so cute. SO not my fault! They had it coming!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sugar Glider Color Variations   Sugar Glider Color Variations Empty

Back to top Go down

Sugar Glider Color Variations
Page 1 of 1