Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

When do you do tent time?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

When do you do tent time? Empty
PostSubject: When do you do tent time?   When do you do tent time? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Do you let them wake up with you, as so many seem to recommend? And if so, how do you handle the meal situation? Do you bring their dinner in with you, or do you just bring in a dish of water and feed them treats while in tent time? We've tried both and so far, it seems their dinner remains mostly untouched.
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

PostSubject: Re: When do you do tent time?   When do you do tent time? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:05 am

I do let mine wake up to us in the tent. They come out and play. Sometimes I have treats sometimes not. I don't usally bring water into the tent. I do about 2 hours with each colony. When they are done then their food is in the cage waitting for them. Except with 1 colony I have to bring food into the tent when she has joeys in pouch or she will randomly bite us to tell us she is hungry.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: When do you do tent time?   When do you do tent time? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:15 am

LMAO well, I got groomed last night. All three of them at once on almost the same spot: my right boob! They left me a hickey, too. (So maybe I should have brought their food dish in with me? LOL! I compromised and brought treats but they didn't want any of it. So what gives?) I am going to have some explaining to do at work today. LOL
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: When do you do tent time?   When do you do tent time? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:34 pm

I guess it would depend on the gliders "out" time, I never bring their food out of cage, maybe treats. They're really too busy to eat anyway.
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

PostSubject: Re: When do you do tent time?   When do you do tent time? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:21 pm

When I hear a ruckus in the cage I know the gang is awake. I let them be for a few minutes so they can do the majority of their business in their cage.

I walk in...they see me and converge on the front of the cage. I open it and get bombarded with flying fur hitting on the chest and then scurrying to various areas.... arms, shoulders, back, where they hang tight as mama shuts the cage back up and walks thru the house to the bedroom.

I enter, walk across the room to the curtain and stand.... Most of them scurry off and jump to the curtain....Jasper, Ariana, & the twins are stick tights so they like to stay on mama. Sometimes it takes me about 15 minutes to get them all off so I can exit the bedroom.

I come and go...I don't stay in there with them the entire time. I let them have time to explore and play with eachother out of the confines of the cage.

Sometimes I will sit in the middle of the floor and let them have some mealies, but not often cuz it ruins their dinner.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: When do you do tent time?   When do you do tent time? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Yup yup! It absolutely ruins their dinner! I can't seem to get them to eat their dinner when we do tent time. They seem SO CONFUSED! LOL! Like all of a sudden, they have no idea where their food is and come begging for yogies, mealies...ANYTHING but the plate in front of them.

Unless there's scrambled egg in front of them. That's about the only time they don't act confused. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When do you do tent time?   When do you do tent time? Empty

Back to top Go down

When do you do tent time?
Page 1 of 1