Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Desi and Chika

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Countryncrafty
Countryncrafty

Desi and Chika Empty
PostSubject: Desi and Chika   Desi and Chika EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:48 am

Ok, here's the short if it
1) I can only have 1 more cage
2) I REALLY want a leu
3) I have to get the leu on my own-hubs will not pay for it, cage, or anything else.

Here are Desi and Chika...as you can see they aren't in the best conditions. They are 100% leu het-EVERY joey they have had is a leu-and they are lineaged. I feel like if I get them I can get them out of their bad conditions and get a leu-as soon as I got the leu I would neuter Desi.

In a way I feel bad that I am getting and that I'm going to let them keep breeding to get my leu, but then again they are going to be away from THAT. You can't see in any of these pictures, but in the owners other pictures you can see that they have a hamster wheel (which is rusted in spots btw)...and their cage doesn't look very big-I also don't think the cord is safe on that pouch...

TBH not breeding them for a leu is not an option. I can only have 2 cages, hubs and I want a leu-the only way I am going to get hubs to let me get them is because we will get a leu out of it. I feel that I will be helping Desi and Chika but still getting my leu. If they had something besides a leu I would neuter the males and let them stay a family or if they are female try to integrate them into my bigger colony (with all neutered males). I really hope that they have a leu first and that won't be a problem--but I know there is a chance.

I know breeding isn't easy, but I have Cora close, plus Secret Squirrel, Kozi, Lilangels etc on here Very Happy--and I am breeding for profit, only to get a personal leu.

I guess I am just looking for some input here...Should I get them out of the situation and continue to let them breed to get a leu and neuter Desi after, or should I keep looking for a leu and always wonder what happened to them (she seems pretty set on selling them)?

Desi the male:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chika the female:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://cncglidersngoods.com/
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

Desi and Chika Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desi and Chika   Desi and Chika EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:15 am

I don't see where there should be any problems with your plan as long as both gliders are healthy & can breed healthily still. I don't know anything about the breeding span on them, or any animal really. And you are planning on keeping them after your little leu joey, right?

Points to consider

You will provide them with much improved living conditions then current.

You will look out for their health & give better care than they have currently.

I know you will keep their best interest a priority.

Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

Desi and Chika Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desi and Chika   Desi and Chika EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:41 pm

I agree. I would take them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Desi and Chika Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desi and Chika   Desi and Chika Empty