Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Help me!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
toni.merren
Still IP
toni.merren

Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: Help me!!   Help me!! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Oh man, I haven't even gotten the twins yet and all I think about is them! What can I make them, what can I buy them, will they like me, will everything go smooth, have I gained enough knowledge in the day and days and hours and hours on the iPad. Luckily I go back to work tomorrow after a week and half off after a minor surgery. But I still have 2 books on my iPad that I can read and reread when I need my fix...oh and I have my photos :-) I try not to talk about them too much when my hubby comes home. He is excited about them...but more normal person excited, it doesn't consume his day...LOL.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me!!   Help me!! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Aw...don't stress! It'll all come along just fine, I swear. It just takes time, patience & lots of love! I think they are lucky to have someone like you to fret over them.

You can make them a ball pit and/or toy bin?
You can set up their fleece cage set (if you already have, if not Viciousencounters makes an awesome cage set).
You can buy some yogurt drops for treats and store in a cool dry place.
You can get fleece squares and tuck them in your shirt and get your scent all over them as prep work for bonding.
You can make some toys using the tutorials listed here or google sugar glider toy tutorials to find them elsewhere.
You can buy them a safe wheel. I have a Fast Track & a Stealth: both are awesome!
You can spend time cleaning all toys & cage sets & cage with vinegar & water in prep for their arrival.

You will always be learning more about gliders, so yes, I think you'll be fine. Smile Welcome to the club! LOL
Back to top Go down
toni.merren
Still IP
toni.merren

Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me!!   Help me!! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Oh yes, I've already begun making stuff and buying toys. I bought 4 yards of fleece yesterday...LOL! And rings, clips, plastic chain...hobby lobby was lots of fun yesterday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me!!   Help me!! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 pm

toni.merren wrote:
What can I make them, what can I buy them, will they like me, will everything go smooth, have I gained enough knowledge in the day and days and hours and hours.

When you have them, you wont even think about anything else except them! Help me!! 1922063074

I really think its great you are learning as much as you can before you get them and offering them a knowledgeable home! You are going to be a great suggie slave. Wink

You could start decorating their cage, I love decorate the cage with fun toddler toys/pouches/wheel/toys/toys/toys! Also you should get foraging cups if you already have not, they are awesome to put some treats in. You can also get a bonding pouch or make one.
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me!!   Help me!! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Oh you sound normal to me, lol, at least my kind of normal.

You are lucky you know what all you need before you get your gliders, I had to rush into getting prepared, because I didn't know what my girls were coming with besides cage & wheel. It turns out they needed lots of things, and then I didn't even find this place first, so I had trial & error setting up a proper, safe, fun suggie home.

You're off to a great start and your gliders will be lucky to have you!

When you get your fleece, don't forget to wash it first, then you can place it in your dirty clothes hamper or roll it up into your used bed sheets for a few nights, this will help put your scent on the bulk of things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me!!   Help me!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA :: Sugar Gliders :: General Stuffs-
Jump to: