Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Just had to share this with SOMEONE!

Go down 
+6
Kozi
LSardou
Skyfire4me
TJones09
BrandyF
Rchurch
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   Empty
PostSubject: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:52 pm

So, I got done with my Gift Exchange and it's for someone on GG but I don't want them to see...at the same time...I am bursting to show it off! She wanted toys and I did a green theme because she has a green wheel. Anyway, here's what I made her, going to ship it out on Monday at the latest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here it is grouped altogether:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I hope she likes it!
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:33 pm

I love it! I'm sure she'll love them too!
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Wow, that's a lot of fun toys for some lucky gliders!
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:19 pm

LOL! That's how I roll. Wink What can I say? I'm a sucker for a matching set. Smile
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm

lol me too! One day I will have toys to match each set!
Back to top Go down
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:51 am

Looks AWESOME! I'm sure your gift exchange buddy is going to be thrilled! They are going to be some happy little fur butts!
Back to top Go down
http://www.millbreederproject.com
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:53 am

I haven't heard back from my buddy in 12 days. Idk if she even likes her toys though I do know from the tracking number that it was delivered. Sad Maybe it's PMS but I'm starting to get a little scared I've been stiffed on a present. I hope not....but this member is not very active on GG and so I have my doubts.

Well, still a long way to go before Sept 1st so I can hope for the best. I'm just not used to someone not popping in just long enough to say thanks or how they liked it. (I hope she doesn't hate it at any rate.)

Feeling kinda letdown...

I mean, if you were my buddy, wouldn't you at least acknowledge the fact that it was received, so I wouldn't worry?
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:04 pm

RC, I know how you feel, I don't like it when a gift given by me goes unacknowledged either. It leaves you wondering if it was even appreciated or liked by the receiver, and can be hurtful, & especially more so when u r in a hormonal state of mind. I'd even go as far as calling it rude to not acknowledge a gift when in that situation. Of coarse my husband would give me no sympathy on the matter, what he says is "Did you give the gift because you wanted to receive a thank you?" He got that way from opening the door in public places for people and not receiving a thank you, then had to remind himself, that's not why he did it. But, in all actuality, in your case here, it was supposed to be an exchange, so you should definitely expect a response & a gift in return. You have good cause to feel the way you do.

Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:47 pm

I get what your hubby means & I agree that a gift is a gift BUT it's just politeness to say 'thanks'. I always thank ppl for getting my door, and not just a robotic "thank you" response, either. I am genuinely grateful that chivalry is not dead and delighted by such thoughtfulness. (I especially enjoy it if the gentleman who gets my door is with a female friend or wife. That way, I get to brag on him and say, "He's a keeper!" Oh, the blushes you can get from those tough guys! PRICELESS...

Saying 'thanks' acknowledges that the act did not have to occur. So many ppl today have a sense of entitlement. They do not seem to know what gifts they have until it stops coming. And I, for one, do not want to see chivalry or any acts of kindness, gone from the world, especially due to too much cynicism. I used to have friends that I would spoil them with expensive gifts but then stopped because they acted as if "FINALLY they were getting their just desserts; FINALLY someone was giving them their due." UGH. Who wants to be around someone like that? Left you feeling empty.

Back to top Go down
Kozi
Admin
Admin
Kozi

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:25 pm

I totally get what you mean, too.. I'd let someone know I got it safely at least! I am so anxious, so I totally want to let people know asap.

But they are SUPER cute.. so St Patties Day!
Back to top Go down
http://kozigliders.com
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Aw...thanks! Was supposed to match her wheel. I stalked her pics on GG so I had an idea of what to make. Smile Cuz I'm sneaky like that. Very Happy

Am REALLY hoping she comes through for me. Hate getting stiffed. May be my last Gift Exchange w/a stranger I do if that is the case.

But here's to hoping I am just hormonal. LOL (Never thought I'd say THAT in a sentence, but whaddya know?)
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:31 am

Update: Well, on Aug. 26th she PMed me to tell me she did indeed get her present, that she was sorry I haven't received mine, that she will mail it out tomorrow & send me the tracking info.

That was the last I heard of her.

I know technically she is not late, but I went ahead & PMed the woman in charge of the gift exchange to vent a little. Since my "buddy" has either today or tomorrow for my gift to appear before she is considered late and I haven't heard a peep from her, I am going to assume that either she isn't sending me anything but excuses, or she is going to be late as hell.

I am seriously disappointed. NOT doing a random gift exchange ever again. I am not joking. Unless I am an actual buddy of someone's, I am not ever doing another gift swap again. This is some B.S. I think it was bad enough the first time when I felt like I was getting stiffed but then she got my hopes up only to dash them again. This sucks! I hate unreliable ppl. I've got to start cutting them out of my life.
Back to top Go down
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:27 am

I used to participate in those and have had similar experiences. It does hurt when you have put a lot of time into making something special and in turn get no word.

I hope your buddy does come through for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.millbreederproject.com
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:25 pm

So have you heard anything yet?
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:30 pm

Nope. Nothing. Nada. I'll check my mail box tomorrow night but it's getting harder and harder to keep my hopes up.

Sad
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:30 pm

Have you? Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   2626355625
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:31 pm

Ops we posted at the same time! Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   1922063074

Sorry to hear about that.. :/
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Yeah. I think I'm getting stiffed out of a gift. Never did hear another peep out of her. And even say if she IS banned for 3 months, putting myself in her shoes, I'd say, "So what? Still made out like a bandit. I can get free stuff every 3 months! Whoot!"

So disappointed. Wish I gave this present to somebody else. Heck, if I wanted to just give it away, I would have sent it to a suggie rescue and would have at least been rewarded with some cute pics as a thank you.

Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:48 pm

From this experience, I won't say don't do gift exchanges, but I would highly encourage ppl to do a gift exchange with someone you know, someone you chit chat with on a regular/semi-regular basis, someone you like.
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm sorry, I know that's a disappointment, and you're right, you'd feel better just giving to a rescue then to someone with no appreciation for your time, thought, & effort. At least you know that her gliders got nice toys though, and after all, it wasn't their fault their mommy didn't appreciate it and reciprocate. I'm sure they were at least appreciative and would have said thank you if they could, at the least.
Back to top Go down
Thelittlesugarshack
Almost Weaned
Almost Weaned
Thelittlesugarshack

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:18 pm

I'm sorry you got stiffed Sad You did a great job on the toys though.... I LOVE the happy face maracas!!!
Back to top Go down
http://Thelittlesugarshack.weebly.com
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Those are some really adorable toys! I know a few people that are having that same issue on GG right now it's a big reason I don't really participate in the swaps. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that she really is just late and that you get your stuff for the suggies soon!
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 am

Aw...you guys are the best! Thank you all. Terry, you make a very valid point: her suggies are probably having a blast. Smile
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:49 pm

NO gift yet!? People...ugh! Sorry you havent got it yet:(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just had to share this with SOMEONE!    Just had to share this with SOMEONE!   Empty

Back to top Go down

Just had to share this with SOMEONE!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA :: Sugar Gliders :: General Stuffs-
Jump to: