Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

starting work on my yard haunt props!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

starting work on my yard haunt props!!  Empty
PostSubject: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:51 pm

starting work on my yard haunt props!!  1235922709 there is only 99 days 6 hours and 28 mins till Halloween!! and i have so much to do, so i have decided to start early this year lol. the foam for the tombstones is in the garage waiting to be cut and carved. i spent the day designing/brainstorming tombstones but not done with it yet. last year i was hating myself for carving 4 tombstones in one month. i spent hours each day hunched over the tombstones carving every detail by hand and it killed my back. >.<
i also have paper mache pumpkins to make, an obelisk, researching other projects and then the big/mechanical kinds of projects in sept.

ill be sure to post pictures as i make them starting work on my yard haunt props!!  2171064837

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pictures of my yard haunt
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Have Fun! Of course that means I have that small amount of time to figure out what the kids are going to be for Halloween. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Can't wait to see the pictures! Wink
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is like 2 or 3 hours of work. i already had it cut out and i just drew the dove and did some carving. i still have lots of work left to do on the dove.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:38 pm

You are a true artist shadow! Smile
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:06 pm

UPDATE!! i love doing this but its sooo hot outside and wearing the mask doesnt help lol. its still not done, well im never officially done carving and sanding and such till the paint goes on.
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 pm

updated! i fixed the wings and some other little things.
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:59 am

just got done writing the words on it a bit ago. tomorrow ill be cutting them out and designing the border to go around it. i really want to start on it now but i know if i did i would mess up.
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:46 pm

the tombstone is done for now. there is still lots to do and ill do more detail things later but im ready to move on. after i carve them all i will distress them all at one and then paint them
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:54 pm

i glued the second layer on tonight. will have updated pictures sometime tomorrow
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm

wasnt happy with how it was so i went back and put tape over the dove and around the edges and did a lot of sanding.
ginger likes to hang out with me while i work on the tombstone ^_^ im not kidding when i say she is with me 99% of the day lol.
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:08 pm

its still not done though. i have to age it some more.
i also have 7 paper mache pumpkin "shells" done. which is this.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] picture from last year. i have one cut out but my favorite dremel decided to be stupid and not work right >.< but we have 2 other ones i just need to find them lol.
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 7:34 pm

since i have some free time i thought i would update this thread(waiting for dad to get home from work with the shredded paper for the paper mache clay)
pumpkin stack the inside is being lined with paper mache clay to make it stronger.
they just need to be weathered a bit more and make their bases.
hopefully the parts will be here by friday so me and dad can start on the major prop. i miss you all!!! i promise ill be active again once halloween is over.
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:42 pm

LOVE! Keep the updates coming! I love to see, the work. Smile
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: starting work on my yard haunt props!!    starting work on my yard haunt props!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

starting work on my yard haunt props!!
Page 1 of 1