Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Celery & PB

Go down 
+2
shadow
JazzNZoeysmom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

Celery & PB Empty
PostSubject: Celery & PB   Celery & PB EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:23 am

I've been trying to introduce new foods but as many do, I have picky gliders. It's very hard for me to get them to eat their F/V.

Someone mentioned Celery the other day and it made me think....I've given it once and they didn't eat it. On this one I can't blame them...I'm not a fan of celery either. The only way I can eat it is with peanut butter.

I'm wondering if I could smear a touch of peanut butter on celery and give it to the babies?

I know peanut butter was a topic on another forum and some people got all freaked out about "oh you can't give peanut butter, they'll choke to death on it!"

Others said, "Are you kidding me? I give peanut butter and I've never heard of a glider choking on it!"

My intention is not to be rude but to be quite blunt, I'm not interested in "wives tales" or "someone, somewhere, a million years ago said...." I'm looking for cold hard facts. I'm past the part of glider ownership where I walk on eggshells with "everything glider."

If anyone has fed PB I would LOVE to hear from you or if you have direct knowledge of someone who has that's suits me just fine. Good, Bad, or Ugly.... I wanna know if it's an option as a part of their diet on occassion.

Thanks Bunches in Advance!
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

Celery & PB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celery & PB   Celery & PB EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 am

well on one hand you can kinda think of them like babies and i think babies are not allowed to have peanut butter for certain reasons. but on the other hand i think a very thin layer of peanut butter on it wouldnt be enough to make them choke on it. just dont put a glob of it on the celery. put enough on it just for a taste and only as a treat.
you could also look into using something else besides peanut butter. when i feed bell peppers i put cottage cheese inside the bell pepper bowl. i know peppers are hot and cottage cheese helps make the hotness go away. hope this helps some.
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

Celery & PB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celery & PB   Celery & PB EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:01 pm

I dont think a TINY bit of peanut butter will hurt, like shadow said, as long as its not a big glob then it should be fine.

~Erica~
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

Celery & PB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celery & PB   Celery & PB EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:30 pm

I've been giving it a lot of thought & I think what I may do is dilute it with water so it's runny and see if they even like it. For all I know they'll turn their little pug noses up at it. No
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

Celery & PB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celery & PB   Celery & PB EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Well I was eating a celery stick with PB on it 2nite and the babies were up so I went in an offered to share.... Nope! They turned their cute stubby little noses up at the PB and the celery. Guess all that fretting was for nothing....little boogers!
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

Celery & PB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celery & PB   Celery & PB EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:01 pm

lol i keep PB that has honey in it in the house. I don't see any reason why it be a bit of a licky treat for them. They like nuts and as long as they have water and fruit to wash it down I don't see a problem.
Back to top Go down
savvy2011
Joey
Joey
savvy2011

Celery & PB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celery & PB   Celery & PB EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:15 am

Mine like honey as well, well that one time, they never touched it again! haha.
Back to top Go down
sharonjean
Joey
Joey
sharonjean

Celery & PB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celery & PB   Celery & PB EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:09 am

I would give it to them for the taste, but not too often!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Celery & PB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celery & PB   Celery & PB Empty

Back to top Go down

Celery & PB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA :: Sugar Gliders :: Diet and Health-
Jump to: