Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Finally got to see my new joey for the first time!

Go down 
+2
lovekelc
Skyfire4me
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

Finally got to see my new joey for the first time! Empty
PostSubject: Finally got to see my new joey for the first time!   Finally got to see my new joey for the first time! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:13 am

BOY!!!!!!!

This is the first time I have seen any thing on the joey! He is not OOP yep but he was all the way out!. I gave mom some shrimp and got to move her leg around and lift the joeys leg to see the sex. lol very much a boy and even had his junk hanging out already! of course I planned to getmore pics for tent time but noooo she had to go and stuff him back in her pouch. Idid get one decents pic of her joey andlet me tell you he is huge.

I do have a question. Can anyone tell me when it is safe to have daddy fixed? I know he will have daddy duty soon and I don't want to interfer with it. They are good parents. Will the begaining of August be to soon? Or should I wait till he is a fews weeks oop?

Now on to the fun stuff with a pic! Finally got to see my new joey for the first time! 2069935179

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to see my new joey for the first time!   Finally got to see my new joey for the first time! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:33 am

When I went to the vet the other day, she wanted to do the neutering around the beginning of August. Little Pabu will be almost 5 weeks OOP by then. I am still looking on getting another opinion from a vet that is out of town and has more experience. Congrats on the new baby boy, can't wait to see more pictures!
Back to top Go down
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to see my new joey for the first time!   Finally got to see my new joey for the first time! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:09 am

Congratulations! It looks as though your little one will be oop pretty soon! It is safe to go ahead and get him neutered now. Doing so will not interfere with his daddy duties.

Just make sure that you do keep a close eye on him for the first 24 hours post-neuter to make sure that he is healing well and mommy isn't going to try and groom him around his surgical area.

If you do a poms on, his recovery would be pretty quick, usually within 24-48 hours if all is well, he will be good. If you opt for poms off, he should be separated from mommy for about a week in order to give the site time to heal over.

Back to top Go down
http://www.millbreederproject.com
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to see my new joey for the first time!   Finally got to see my new joey for the first time! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:18 pm

I would get him fixed now if I could. But don't have the money at the moment. I will call the vet and ask if what types they do and hopefully set the appointment up.

Now I have to play the name game! I have no clue what to name him yet.

I will get daddy fixed asap and then when this little boy is old enough I will be taking him and my other male to get fixed too. At least that couple isn't having babies.
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to see my new joey for the first time!   Finally got to see my new joey for the first time! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:04 am

Congrats!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Countryncrafty
Countryncrafty

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to see my new joey for the first time!   Finally got to see my new joey for the first time! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Congratulations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cncglidersngoods.com/
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to see my new joey for the first time!   Finally got to see my new joey for the first time! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:46 am

He's a doll baby!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to see my new joey for the first time!   Finally got to see my new joey for the first time! Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally got to see my new joey for the first time!
Page 1 of 1