Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Traveling First Time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DestinyRed23
Still IP
DestinyRed23

Traveling First Time Empty
PostSubject: Traveling First Time   Traveling First Time EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:55 pm

I am traveling to Arkansas with my little Sugar Glider Eliza. This is her first time in the vehicle and my first time traveling with her. She will be in her pouch and I will be holding her. Does anybody have any tips and advice for us?
Back to top Go down
http://destinyandthegang.weebly.com/
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

PostSubject: Re: Traveling First Time   Traveling First Time EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:04 am

Traveling with your glider and things to bring.
* Food
* Water
* Several zipper bonding pouches (stressed gliders often soil their pouch, and you don't want a glider getting out while you are driving).
* Basic first aid kit (in addition to items above; hand sanitizer, neosporin, oral syringes, e-collar).
* Basic care/feeding instructions available where they can easily be found by others (such as attached to the travel carrier) just in case (God forbid) there is an accident. As well as a "who to contact" list.

Additional suggestions, if staying overnight:
* Food and water dishes/bottles
* Toys
* Cage pouches
* Appropriate travel cage or carrier
* Something to cover the cage (may help reduce stress)

Resources may be very important during your trip:
* List of names and contact info for vets along the route.
* List of names and contact info for experienced glider owners that can help advise in an emergency.
* List of names and contact info for other glider owners along the way.

What not to do.
* DO NOT carry your gliders on your person (in a bra or pouch) while traveling in the car, especially if you are sitting in a front seat. If an accident occurs and airbags deploy, a glider is much safer in a secured pouch/carrier than on their person.
* DO NOT leave your gliders in direct sunlight, make sure there is plenty of air circulation during the trip.
* DO NOT over crowd gliders into small pouches or carriers. Make sure they have room to separate from each other if they start getting too hot.

What to do:
* DO offer water/juice often to your gliders so they don't dehydrate.(McDonalds has 100% apple juice in the small boxes if you need to get some while on the road).
* DO keep them in secured pouches or carriers when out of the vehicle to prevent escapes.
* DO take your gliders with you if you get out of the car during the trip. Temperatures in parked cars can become dangerous very quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.millbreederproject.com
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: Traveling First Time   Traveling First Time EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 pm

On your travel cage, write on Something in Big BOLD letter, LIVE ANIMAL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traveling First Time   Traveling First Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Traveling First Time
Page 1 of 1