Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

should I get her a playmate now? and going outside

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dixxi_moon
Joey
Joey
dixxi_moon

should I get her a playmate now? and going outside Empty
PostSubject: should I get her a playmate now? and going outside   should I get her a playmate now? and going outside EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:25 am

I want to get Sassy a female mate but since I have never bought one I don't know the questions etc I should ask. Should I get another grown female or a baby? How do I know if they will get along after I bring it home? Will she unbond with me and bond with it instead? Would it be a bad thing to hang her cage on the porch where she can get fresh outside air?
Back to top Go down
Noone145
Glider
Glider
Noone145

PostSubject: Re: should I get her a playmate now? and going outside   should I get her a playmate now? and going outside EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:53 am

Yes you should get her a friend, its always good to have two because they are colony animals. She will not unbond with you but when you get her you should do a 30 quarenteen. I personally wouldnt let sugar gliders go outside because its dangerous.
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

PostSubject: Re: should I get her a playmate now? and going outside   should I get her a playmate now? and going outside EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:48 am

dixxi_moon wrote:
I want to get Sassy a female mate but since I have never bought one I don't know the questions etc I should ask. Should I get another grown female or a baby? How do I know if they will get along after I bring it home? Will she unbond with me and bond with it instead? Would it be a bad thing to hang her cage on the porch where she can get fresh outside air?

You need to get one around her size, so if a fight breaks out they will both have a standing chance. After you bring your new baby home, you can NOT just put them together. You have to do the 30 day quartintine. Keep Them both in seperate rooms, When you bring new baby home, take her to the glider knowing vets, During this time you are just learning her, what she dont/does like, then after 30 days over take them BOTH to the vets to make sure they both healty, If you get the all clear that they healty, then you start slow(toy swaping, pouch swaping, ect.). No she will not unbond to you. No, please Don't take your glider(s) outside, it's not safe. Anything can happen. Not worth risking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should I get her a playmate now? and going outside   should I get her a playmate now? and going outside Empty

Back to top Go down

should I get her a playmate now? and going outside
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA :: Sugar Gliders :: General Stuffs-
Jump to: