Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

the boys are home!

Go down 
+4
StellaAnLuna
BrandyF
Noone145
freckles
8 posters
AuthorMessage
freckles
Glider
Glider
freckles

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm

We picked up Tucker and Kiwi at about 1 today Very Happy I put them still in the pouch right into the cage..and they have crabbed anytime we dare make a noise in the room lol

I took a piece of watermelon and put it near the bag opening, and they came out to investigate...then the little one ran screaming into the room..and back in teh pouch crabbing away they went. then they braved sticking noses out gain...the husband came int eh room in his usual noisy fashion and back in the pouch LOL Just came up after dinner with all 3 kids and they were both fully out of the pouch and exploring..but retreated because the kids apparently dont understand "quiet"

The oldest is totally distraught that the cuddly little guy she held at teh breeders is not too thrilled and wanting to be touched right now..and afraid that because ppl scared them they will NEVER EVER COME OUT AGAIN!!! Hard not to laugh at her ...but I am trying Smile

Hopefully they will get a bit more adjusted once the kids are in bed and we arent listening to the oldest loudly tell us all to be quiet LOL
Pictures when they decide to be social Razz

Back to top Go down
Noone145
Glider
Glider
Noone145

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:36 pm

YAY!! Smile
Back to top Go down
freckles
Glider
Glider
freckles

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Both of them are eating and exploring...much quieter here now..just me and them in the room.

all the noises they are making are cracking me up lol
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm

I can totally relate because my kids are the same way. I'm glad you got them home and they will get used to the noise of the kids in time. Snappy barely notices when the kids yell right by her cage.

If your oldest daughter can sit quietly with you while you are in the room with them she should be able to talk to them and still interact with them some. My daughter loves to sit by me and pet Snappy while I hold her.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
freckles
Glider
Glider
freckles

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:58 pm

the oldest will be fine, shes the one who came with me every visit, we would sit and hold the boys for an hour or so ..and they were calm and fine. She was just having a bit of trouble understanding why they werent all calm and cuddly today Smile I told her that tomorrow we could set up the tent and try to take them in there for some bonding time, but right now they are both a bit scared being in a new place, and need some time to adjust.

Its the younger 2...4yr old twins...who are all excited but totally cant be quiet Razz they will not be allowed anywhere NEAR the boys without direct supervision....EVER

the 10 yr old..She cant take them out of the cage herself but she can hold them in teh zippered pouch and spend time in the tent with me Smile
Back to top Go down
Noone145
Glider
Glider
Noone145

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:22 pm

AWW
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:29 pm

YAY!!!
Congrats.Smile
Hurry up and settle in you little Boogers...WE WANT PICTURES!!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Noone145
Glider
Glider
Noone145

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Yes we do!
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:53 pm

YAY!! cant wait for the pictures!! the boys are home! 3397552975
Back to top Go down
freckles
Glider
Glider
freckles

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:03 am

I am sitting in my room next to the cage wasting time online Razz They have come out a few times to eat..but when I go near them they crab their little heads off...

I took a yogie and tried to lure one of them out of the cube, but he just tried to bite me..lol...got the yogie instead but he still wants nothing to do with me...hopefully tomorrow i can get the cube, with them sleeping, into the tent and try a bit of bonding time. Gonna call ti quits shortly and try to sleep...also hoping that they will stop marking everything soon LOL it doesn't smell BAD but its not GOOD either...May have to move cage to other side of room...we will see
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Pictures!! yes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
freckles
Glider
Glider
freckles

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:56 pm

ok..we finally managed to get them into the tent with us...Tucker was super active, and crawled all over, jumped on us..pooped EVERYWHERE Laughing would climb onto us when we reached for him but wouldnt let either of us hold him..he bit me when I tried LOL kiwi was much more skittish..just wanted to stay on my back but after a while i was able to get a hold of him and he curled up in my hand for a while...Overall i think it went well..I know its going to take time Smile

Heres a few pics....sorry for the quality, all i had was the ipad, the camera needs batteries the boys are home! 3181402168
tucker on abbeys head
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I see you
exploring
Kiwi on my back..hard to take a pic from this angle lol

ny bonding tips anyone wants to share??
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Awe, precious little babies!!! I'm loving the pictures and your daughter looks so excited to have a glider on her head! Congrats on getting them and getting them home safely.

I wanted to let you know that letting them hang out in their cage for a couple of days to start getting used to the noise might help you guys out with the bonding, it's a big transition for them and for you guys too!
Back to top Go down
Noone145
Glider
Glider
Noone145

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:03 pm

AWW!they are adorable
Back to top Go down
freckles
Glider
Glider
freckles

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Yeah I had told her maybe tent time tonight but the twins are acting up and Kiwi seems really annoyed..even when i offered him a bit of grape Razz Tucker on teh other hand was all over the grape and will let me pet him and is not crabbing. They have different personalities for sure!

Kiwi got all defensive trying to stand up big and lunging at my fingers....so gonna just leave him be for the night....fun enough to watch them and talk to them anyway...just hope he comes around soon!!
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:17 pm

so cute Smile
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:17 pm

They sure are cute!
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:02 am

You're being a great glider mommy! I knew you would be!!! the boys are home! 3800727493 Those boys are gorgeous!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the boys are home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: the boys are home!   the boys are home! Empty

Back to top Go down

the boys are home!
Page 1 of 1