Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Proper Hospital Cage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

Proper Hospital Cage Empty
PostSubject: Proper Hospital Cage   Proper Hospital Cage EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:37 pm

There are too many sad things going on right now between my health and Drs and one of my gliders and a vet.

In short I thought I would ask here to make sure I have the right set up for a hospital cage, I think I do, but I want to make sure.

The cage is small, I have the sleeping pouch on the bottom with small fleece pieces for padding, water bottle that is low and no wheel to prevent injury and promote resting. All his favorite foods in a low dish.

I have an emergency kit and emergency Joey kit but it lacked a e-collar, I don't know how I forgot such a thing. Vet Tech helped me make one that should hold up till the one I ordered gets here.

Are there other things you can think of for a hospital cage?
Back to top Go down
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Proper Hospital Cage   Proper Hospital Cage EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:55 pm

Update if anyone cares.... my little guy is going better! Smile
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Proper Hospital Cage   Proper Hospital Cage EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:01 am

yay!!!!! thats great book!!! glad hes feeling better. Proper Hospital Cage 2171064837
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

PostSubject: Re: Proper Hospital Cage   Proper Hospital Cage EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:23 am

It looks like you got everything covered. I would put some toys like foreging toys to give them something to do.

Glad he is feeling better. What is wrong with him??
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Proper Hospital Cage   Proper Hospital Cage EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Glad he's feeling better, I hope you are too!
Back to top Go down
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Proper Hospital Cage   Proper Hospital Cage EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:52 am

Poor guy had his junk attacked by his mate! They where apart for 2 weeks while he healed and took his meds and I kept his little hospital cage next to his normal one so he and his mate could be close but not too close. I did put him back in with her as she had never shown aggression at him before and because they are very close to having their first Joeys out of pouch!

Back to top Go down
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Proper Hospital Cage   Proper Hospital Cage EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:52 am

Oh and re-intros went great and they are wonderful with one another again! Smile
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Proper Hospital Cage   Proper Hospital Cage EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Proper Hospital Cage 3397552975 YAY!! thats great! maybe it had something to do with her being stressed about the joey or something. do you think your going to get him fixed after this??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proper Hospital Cage   Proper Hospital Cage Empty

Back to top Go down

Proper Hospital Cage
Page 1 of 1