Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

ideas for cage set themes and add ons

Go down 
+5
Kozi
StellaAnLuna
shadow
SecretSquirrel
lilangels
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lilangels
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
lilangels

ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Awww those are all adorable. I love what you did with the eye patches. I'll try to get some pics of my set tomorrow and post them.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:15 am

Countryncrafty wrote:
Where did you get the whale thing?

Believe it or not, at Michaels Art Supply Shop. (I thought they were dolphins but I guess they can be whales. LOL) BUT if you don't see it there, you can order it at Gliders and Gear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and they have an Orca, Shark and Pirate Ship, too!!!! XD
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 pm

I was thinking of an expansion on the butterfly theme, something like "Secret Garden" theme. It would consist of butterflies & florals of coarse, and other "garden wildlife" as well as glider safe garden ornaments even. I'm sure there is a wide variety of creative ideas to make up a "Secret Garden".
Back to top Go down
lilangels
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
lilangels

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:14 pm

I really love the idea of a secret garden. You could do some really neat stuff with that. A flower pouch would be cute. Please post pixtures when you are done. I almost have a cage like this but it could be a lot cuter. It had a butterfly theme and then I added vines and a fleece tree and a flower pouch and a few fleece flowers.
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:41 pm

I have my girls habitat theme "enchanted woods", I do have a floral theme vacation cage setup for them for short trips. But I'm currently in the process of creating a play gym, and may do this in the "secret garden" theme. I can incorporate the play things into their home habitat & vacation cage, being they're all outdoorsy.

I love the color combo of pink & orange, and I like blues, greens, & yellow thrown in, but not opposed to a bit of purple or red here & there. I have already made some silk gerbera daisy foraging toys, and have just finished a few more, they have been cleaned and are drying right now. I may add to them or 1 of them, (there are 3, 1 is a double feeder). I am planning on getting some pretty colored straws, I could try making some springy straws, I have bracelets, lots of them, and some C-links that should be here on Monday.

I am planning on having my granddaughter (6 yrs old) over one day next week, she wants to help make toys.

I will post some photos of the new daisy forage toys I have so far after they're dry, but like I said I may add to them or not, can't be sure they're completed as of yet.

Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Here are a couple of samples of gerber daisy forage toys I've made already (minus the new ones).

This is the first one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the second one, the flowers aren't as nice as the other one, but it was all I could find. This photo is after I embellished it a bit.
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Oh here is another garden inspired forage toy I made, but not with silk flowers.

These are actually a set of 2 hanging together, I did it that way so I could mix & match my garden theme forage toys. The 3 new ones I made I can do the same, but didn't use plastic rings, just made craft lace loops to hook through. They will later be revealed, lol.
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:29 am

New "Secret Garden" toys:

The single flower forager
You may not be able to tell, but the 1st one is the orange one & the 2nd is the pink, I think, lol.

Here is the double flower forager[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All 3 combined

I've been starting to design my toys so they can be mix & match, single or combined & allow possibilities to add to them if so desired.
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 am

I love it, I love it!!! Great job!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
lilangels
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
lilangels

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks so much for the pics tj I love seeing how different people put their themes together. Those gerber daisy foragers are so cool. I made some of the regular daisy silk flowers into toys but they aren't as big and colorful as yours were. I really liked the egg halves on top of the daisies. That was really great.
You have inspired me to be creative again. I got a new double cage in thursday and harold set it up for me today so now i need to make a new cage set for it. I was thinking frogs but decided to try out your garden butterfly theme for one cage and a caterpillar theme for the other. That way it'll look like they started out as caterpillars and then turned into butterflies Smile
I'm going to start it now since it's too hot to be out working on my gardens. I'll post pics as soon as I get it together. I am just too excited to work on it Smile
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks RC & lilangels. Lilangels, that sounds like you have a good plan there, I hope to see some photos of your finished habitats. I'd like to see your daisy stuff.

I guess one thing that's nice about butterflies & garden themes is you can really branch off into so many directions. I love daisies, all daisies, the regular white ones & gerbera daisies. I had pink & orange gerbers for my bridal bouquet and I had my flower girl dress in orange with pink and made her a silk white daisy bouquet. My bouquet matched her dress & her bouquet matched mine.
Back to top Go down
lilangels
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
lilangels

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:34 am

TJ I think I may have been taken pover by garden themed demons...lol. I have gotten absolutely nothing done all day other than make cage set stuff. My entire house is a disaster with fleece and beads and toy making supplies covering every inch of it. I got some really neat caterpiller stuff made today. It should be finished by tomorrow and i'll post some pics. Then I'll get the butterfly garden started.
Does anyone know of a way to make or buy a plastic tree? It could be a palm tree or really any kind of tree that would have leaves and tree trunk of a hard plastic that you could drill holes into? I have these really interesting plastic butterflies that are on pegs and i thought it would be fun to have them stuck into some sort of tree that the gliders could pick off and pack around. See a possessed mind at work...lol!!!
Back to top Go down
lilangels
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
lilangels

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:40 pm

I FINALLY finished my caterpillar cage set...well short of the new wheel we're making for it.
Back to top Go down
TJones09
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
TJones09

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:09 pm

WOW!!!! That looks like so much fun! So imaginative, I bet your gliders will really enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
lilangels
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
lilangels

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks Tj, I haven't even decided which gliders are moving into the cage yet Smile I'm halfway done with my butterfly set now. My only problem is trying to come up with an open enviroment butterfly pouch.
The open enviroment caterpillar pouch had an awesome idea on the legs. I used these clips on the plastic chain for a few legs and I will be able to clip bits of dried fruit or apples, uncooked carrots stuff liker that to the legs for foraging treats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ideas for cage set themes and add ons   ideas for cage set themes and add ons - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ideas for cage set themes and add ons
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2