Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Bonding Questions

Go down 
+2
shadow
BrandyF
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandyF
BrandyF

Bonding Questions Empty
PostSubject: Bonding Questions   Bonding Questions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:05 pm

How do you know when your glider has really bonded to you?

Is there specific behavior that you should see from them?

I have seen several people talk about their gliders grooming them. What exactly does this mean?
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

Bonding Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonding Questions   Bonding Questions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:11 pm

grooming is when they start grooming you like they would with another glider. some gliders do it some dont. you will just know when your bonded with them and bonding is different with each glider.
you will kinda know when they start comming to see you on their own and not being scared. my boys loved me from day one but that is different then bonding i had to still work with them.
i think bonding never really stops, its something you work on their whole life.
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

Bonding Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonding Questions   Bonding Questions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:15 pm

I had and interesting experience during our first tent time this week. Snappy was running all over me and then she went around to my back and started combing my hair with her front paws. My 7 year old was watching and said it was the funniest thing she had ever seen. I wondered if that was her trying to groom me.

She came from my best friend's mom and so she was bonded to my friend as well. When I first got her she wouldn't let me handle her, but would jump right to my friend every time. Last week my friend was here while I had her out and when my friend held out her hand, Snappy ran up my arm away from her. I felt like we had crossed a major hurdle that day.
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

Bonding Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonding Questions   Bonding Questions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Yep, definately progress! Mine have no problem going to other family members but I am their mama and they will come back to me every time.

And yes, you were being groomed, but they will also do it to your skin. It almost feels like they are biting but they aren't. They usually start of licking you, then they begin scraping their teeth along your skin. Some can get aggressive and their grooming can be a bit painful. I just nudge 'em away when they do that. They'll either stop or move to a new spot. They also like oddities..... moles, hangnails, rough patches of skin.
Back to top Go down
savvy2011
Joey
Joey
savvy2011

Bonding Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonding Questions   Bonding Questions EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 am

haha, cute story during tent time!
Back to top Go down
sharonjean
Joey
Joey
sharonjean

Bonding Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonding Questions   Bonding Questions EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:59 am

Now you don't have to comb it yourself!
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

Bonding Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonding Questions   Bonding Questions EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:29 am

sharonjean wrote:
Now you don't have to comb it yourself!

LOL If only I could teach her to comb all of it and leave it alone. She likes to comb it and then run on my head to mess it up.
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

Bonding Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonding Questions   Bonding Questions EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:06 pm

LOL If only I could teach her to comb all of it and leave it alone. She likes to comb it and then run on my head to mess it up.[/quote]

Well what fun would it be if your hair didn't look like a glider nest? Bonding Questions 1627348515
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bonding Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonding Questions   Bonding Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonding Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA :: Sugar Gliders :: General Stuffs-
Jump to: