Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

do gliders really need a vet?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clk666
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
clk666

do gliders really need a vet? Empty
PostSubject: do gliders really need a vet?   do gliders really need a vet? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:24 am

do gliders really need to see a vet ?

i mean they arent like a dog or cat or anything so its not like they need a regular check up ... but seriously i see all these people taking their gliders to the vet and getting tests done before introducing new gliders... but seriously i dont think thats necessary

i just think that vets are way to expencive and i can just self diagnose whats wrong with them ? cant i ?

do they even need vaccinations like a dog or cat ? if not i dont see a reason to go to a vet......and even if they do need to be vaccinated i can do that myself!!!!
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

PostSubject: Re: do gliders really need a vet?   do gliders really need a vet? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 am

They don't need vet checks like a dog or cat perseay. They don't need vaccines but I do think it's a very good idea to get a fecal done before doing intros and that's just from first hand experience.

My Kodah had roundworms. I did end up treating all of my gliders because they were in the same room / different cages and of course I handled them all. I washed my hands but the vet wanted to make sure.

And in all honesty, I kinda like taking mine in....granted it's all been for the initial check up cuz I keep getting sweet babies, (2 more coming in about 6 wks.) but my vet isn't really experienced with gliders....she is an exotic vet but I'm sure you realize that the "exotic" part is a spattering of all the animals they see...and the way I see it, she can't get experience if she doesn't see the animals. I want her to handle mine so she knows what's "right" for them so if something ever is wrong, she'll be able to spot it easier. Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
sharonjean
Joey
Joey
sharonjean

PostSubject: Re: do gliders really need a vet?   do gliders really need a vet? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:04 am

It is nice to go to a vet and for them to tell you that you are doing everything right! Or to let you know if anything is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do gliders really need a vet?   do gliders really need a vet? Empty

Back to top Go down

do gliders really need a vet?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA :: Sugar Gliders :: Diet and Health-
Jump to: