Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

HPW complete

Go down 
+2
lovekelc
icuspeak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
icuspeak
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
icuspeak

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 pm

I just read on another forum that after feeding there baby hpw complete for five months that they found there baby dead on the bottom of the cage. I am wanting some info on it cause I do feed my babies hpw complete. Has anybody ever heard of this or heard anything bad about hpw complete? If so please tell me so I can switch them back to BML that they were on or on a different diet. I love my babies. I don't want to unknowingly be hurting them.
Back to top Go down
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

I don't feed this diet, but did this person get take their gliders to the vet to make sure what they passed from?

Hopefully someone else will come along with more knowledge on the diet. Wink
Back to top Go down
icuspeak
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
icuspeak

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:28 pm

I don't know if she did or didn't take her glider to the vet to find out if it was the cause of his death. I have read that there were some bad reviews on this hpw complete but nobody wants to say what and all I'm trying to do is find out. The diet is easy as easy can be but if it will harm my babies I would rather have a hard one to do then to harm them. Sorry I can't be more inform on this. I'm just trying to find out what I can so I can do the best for my lovable furrbutts. Smile
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 pm

i havent used the diet and dont plan to since im happy with the lgrs diet. the other diets are just as easy, you just take a couple of hours(or however long it takes you) to make the food and freeze it. that should last you a few months before you have to make it again. wish i could help more. if i think of something ill be sure to post it.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Yes, I have heard of this and I do know people are afraid to speak up as they get persecuted; claiming their vet wasn't good, or a number of other claims are used to discredit that owner. The people that do this are Peggy's friends, the maker of HPW Complete and Plus, these products steal their name from the long running diet known as HPW Original. Original HPW is a modification of the safe PML Diet, Peggy Brewer never created a diet in the first place.

Personally I knew a handful of breeders that hung out in the GG chat that told me they had to switch back to Original, BML, or LGRS from HPW Complete because their breeding gliders were cannibalizing, getting stained, losing joeys, becoming food aggressive, and the list goes on. Unfortunately they never made it public and they did not want to put their gliders lives at risk just to prove it by continuing to feed HPW Complete and then getting weekly vet visits and photos of their declining health.

Here are some posts that were made public after the owners had been feeding it for a while.
Food aggression posts associated with the Complete HPW Product:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Discoloration on HPW Complete:
Many people report on how much their gliders seem hungrier or less satisfied after eating a whole serving. Some owners think this is "cute" and means they like the Complete but it is NOT a healthy sign to see completely cleaned plates in the morning, there should be leftovers so they do not starve with their high metabolism, here is just one example:
Short Term Weight Gain:
This seems to be a comprehensive discussion on the ingredients in it rather than a bashing brawl:
For some reason no one seems worried at how cracked these new gliders are already on HPW complete:

The symptoms of HPW Complete either don't effect every glider or only some owners know what to look for. What I have seen with a lot of owners is this pattern: their gliders will start out by eating all of the diet offered, their fur begins to improve from staining and cracking, they look plump and shiny, and then the food aggression usually begins, the cracking of fur comes back, and then staining. Regardless of what people think including myself, it is not a long term diet and in comparison with long term diets it's track record already has things written on it. If I were a breeder I would never feed it from the things I have heard and I am sorry I cannot provide you with links to those stories.

I hope this helps you make an educated decision, these are the bad things I have found but for every one bad thing you will find 10 people saying something good about it. I would ask who these people are, what kind of sugar glider background do they have, what knowledge do they have of nutrition, do they even seem to care about nutrition, who are their friends, how long have they been feeding it, do their gliders see a trained exotics vet and not an agsv vet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
icuspeak
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
icuspeak

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:18 am

Thank You to everyone that has replied to my post. Also Thank You for not bashing it cause I wasn't looking for any bashing on any diet. I just needed some info so I can make a decision. I have decided to switch them back to the BML diet. If I knew I could get everything locally on the LGRS diet I sure would prefere that one instead due to the fact that I did had problems with them eating the BML to begin with. That's the reason why I switched them to the HPW complete. The sad thing is, is that a breeder offered it to me when I purchased one of here babies so me thinking that if she was a breeder and she trusted and liked the hpw complete then she knows what she is talking about but I'm also the type of person to do my own research and after finding and reading some of the things about HPW complete I decided to ask yall and I'm so glad I did. Thank You ever so much. One last question.... Can I get everything for the LGRS diet locally or do I have to order some items threw the internet?
Back to top Go down
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:50 am

My suggestion would be for you to contact the creator of the diet for any questions or concerns that you may have. If you yourself do not feel comfortable, you can always have your Vet do a follow-up.
You can contact Peggy Brewer at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This suggestion also applies to any of the diets that are being offered. We can not be the sole judge or jury on any one in particular.
Back to top Go down
http://www.millbreederproject.com
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm

if you ever decide to try LGRS diet you can order the things would have to order from VE. she also sells sample packs if you would like to see if they will even eat it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the only thing you have to order online is the Dehydrated Fly Pupa and if you dont have a trader joes around you you will have to order one of the substitutes for Trader Darwin's Vanilla Flavored Soy Powder or you can just order it from VE. its not like your going to have to buy it all the time (depending on the amount you buy), it will last you a long time.
she also sells stuff for the VGV diet if you want to look into that.
Back to top Go down
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Katie, what's the VGV diet? I've not heard of that one.
Back to top Go down
shadow
Admin
Admin
shadow

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] its val's diet i really cant tell you much about it but that thread should help answer your question.
Back to top Go down
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:29 am

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
GliderLove94
Still IP
GliderLove94

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:08 am

I myself recently tried my sugar gliders on HPW Complete. I was not comfortable with the whole thing. They loved it more than any diet, BUT they all turned a weird color, much like the HPW Complete. Their fur lightened and turned a vanilla-brown color within a short period of time. They also became lethargic and rarely left their pouches. I switched them back to their BML and all is normal now. My male is a rather dark gray, so it was a drastic change for him. The ups of this were just not worth the downs. I have nothing against Peggy and her creation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HPW complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPW complete   HPW complete Empty

Back to top Go down

HPW complete
Page 1 of 1