Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats? Empty
PostSubject: Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats?   Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:25 am

Just wondering where is the best "bang for your buck" place to get treats? I know a lot of ppl like Exotic Nutrition but they sell glider leashes there, and I hesitate buying from vendors who are OK with selling such torture contraptions. I don't want to encourage that sort of thinking, ya know? (Yeah yeah...call me weird.)
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats?   Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:18 pm

They also advocate feeding pellets as a sole diet. I have never purchased from them for this reason.

My local farmers market sells yogurt drops, dried fruits, nuts, and honey straws. Try to find one near you, definitely good prices without all that shipping.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats?   Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:06 am

What exactly are honey straws? We have an awesome farmer's market here and I would never have thought to look for treats there. I do buy all of our fruits and veggies for the animals and us there.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats?   Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:21 am

They are plastic straws that have honey in them but it's sealed at both ends. The gliders chew up the plastic and suck the honey out! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rchurch
Glider
Glider
Rchurch

PostSubject: Re: Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats?   Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:22 am

Also called Honey Sticks. They sell them at exotic nutrition but as they sell leashes, I don't wanna give them my money.

Here is a link for photo reference of honey straws/sticks:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats?   Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:24 am

Ok, so technically they are something you could make yourself using drinking straws and honey. Gotcha!
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats?   Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Place to Buy Honeystraws & Other Treats?
Page 1 of 1