Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Pulling my hair out diet!

Go down 
+2
viciousencounters
SASSYS MOM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

Pulling my hair out diet! Empty
PostSubject: Pulling my hair out diet!   Pulling my hair out diet! EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Ok so here I go AGAIN with this diet stuff. Makes me think about just giving up and getting rid of Skeeter and now im afraid I killed Sassy by feeding her that dang hpw complete. I hear so many bad things about it and wonder why is it even allowed to be sold. I like the I think it's called Val Green diet BUT there is no ca/ph ratio. Is there a way or can I just feed him a diet of veggies and turkey with cottage cheeze blended and fresh fruits? That would be his fresh fruits veggies and protien and calcium from the cottage cheese. I have to feed him tonight and I want to toss out this HPW complete I have. Is there a diet that would be good for him that could be called the healthy food stamp diet? lol Things people on food stamps can buy at the grocery store to feed gliders.
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: Pulling my hair out diet!   Pulling my hair out diet! EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Gliders need a nectar replacement so feeding just straight up protein and fruits is not at all ideal.

HPW Original is a good diet, other than having to buy the Wombaroo online you can buy everything else at the grocery store and you could feed already calibrated veggie and fruit relishes so you do not have to think about the ratios. The sample packs for this diet at the pampered glider are super cheap.

LGRS Suggie Soup is another great choice, you can buy almost all the ingredients at the local store. The only ingredients you may not find are the soy, pollen, and pupa but the sample packs I sell are really affordable. If you feed a pair 1 TBS each it lasts approximately 4 months. So that is under 9$ every 4 months for those 3 powders.

Val's Diet may be a little harder to feed since it gets most of it's ingredients from health foods stores. Since the diet doesn't give attention to Ca:Ph it stresses some people out and some others cannot keep up with the demand for variety to keep it nutritionally balanced. I also sell sample packs of this diet if it is right for you.

I wish something could be done about the HPW Complete, all that can be done is for others to share their experience and educate others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

PostSubject: Re: Pulling my hair out diet!   Pulling my hair out diet! EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:05 pm

I feed the Pet Glider Diet (Priscilla Price Diet). All you need to buy on line is her vitamins which lasts about a year.

Everything in her diet can be purchased from your grocery store.

I have fed my babies this diet for almost 7 years. They are healthy and happy babies!

Here's the link if you're interested.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.millbreederproject.com
LabNGliderMom
Still IP
LabNGliderMom

PostSubject: Re: Pulling my hair out diet!   Pulling my hair out diet! EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:23 am

viciousencounters wrote:
I wish something could be done about the HPW Complete, all that can be done is for others to share their experience and educate others.

Can you clarify what you mean? What is it you feel should be "done" about the diet?

SASSYS MOM wrote:
Ok so here I go AGAIN with this diet stuff. Makes me think about just giving up and getting rid of Skeeter and now im afraid I killed Sassy by feeding her that dang hpw complete. I hear so many bad things about it and wonder why is it even allowed to be sold.

Pam (SASSYS MOM) and I have already spoken. Diet is not the cause for Sassy's death. Sassy died of a combination of pneumonia and a possible hernia or twisted intestines - this is per her veterinarian. She had thick pus filling her right lung. That is not a diet related issue at all.

As for why you hear bad things about the HPW Plus™ and HPW Complete™ diets, that is pretty obvious if you've been around a bit isn't it?

1) People love their diets and hate change in the online glider community so new stuff is something many prefer to avoid.

2) Some folks will blame anything but their own shortcomings for the illnesses, injuries, or deaths of their pets

3) Some folks in the online glider community have been around for a while and have decided not to like other members of the community... for instance, someone may dislike Peggy Brewer, the creator of the Original HPW™ diet, HPW Plus™ and HPW Complete™ - so what happens is, as alliances change and new folks come on board to join the boards, they latch onto older community members and to feel accepted, agree with them on everything - including diet and whether or not their chosen "mentor" likes certain people or not.
Back to top Go down
http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com
lovekelc
Super Glider
Super Glider
lovekelc

PostSubject: Re: Pulling my hair out diet!   Pulling my hair out diet! EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 am

SASSYS MOM wrote:
Makes me think about just giving up and getting rid of Skeeter

I just wanted to mention not to give up on your boy Skeeter. I have never used HPW Complete and although the diets I used have been mentioned I wanted to say that I have used Original HPW for a long time and my suggies just love it. It is actually the first thing they go to before they start on the fruits and veggies. I have never had a problem with it, it is very easy to make and it lasts a pretty long time. I am going to be switching to LGRS Suggie Soup in a few weeks however because I really like the fact that I know everything that is going into my babies tummies. I also like that it has meat included in the veggie/fruit/meat mix because one of my babies just goes crazy for meat (chirping and all Pulling my hair out diet! 413356797 ) and I am more than excited to include it in their daily meals. Let us know what you end up doing! Pulling my hair out diet! 2682118424
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Pulling my hair out diet!   Pulling my hair out diet! EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 pm

LabNGliderMom wrote:
viciousencounters wrote:

Can you clarify what you mean? What is it you feel should be "done" about the diet?

SASSYS MOM wrote:
Ok so here I go AGAIN with this diet stuff. Makes me think about just giving up and getting rid of Skeeter and now im afraid I killed Sassy by feeding her that dang hpw complete. I hear so many bad things about it and wonder why is it even allowed to be sold.

Pam (SASSYS MOM) and I have already spoken. Diet is not the cause for Sassy's death. Sassy died of a combination of pneumonia and a possible hernia or twisted intestines - this is per her veterinarian. She had thick pus filling her right lung. That is not a diet related issue at all.

As for why you hear bad things about the HPW Plus™ and HPW Complete™ diets, that is pretty obvious if you've been around a bit isn't it?

1) People love their diets and hate change in the online glider community so new stuff is something many prefer to avoid.

2) Some folks will blame anything but their own shortcomings for the illnesses, injuries, or deaths of their pets

3) Some folks in the online glider community have been around for a while and have decided not to like other members of the community... for instance, someone may dislike Peggy Brewer, the creator of the Original HPW™ diet, HPW Plus™ and HPW Complete™ - so what happens is, as alliances change and new folks come on board to join the boards, they latch onto older community members and to feel accepted, agree with them on everything - including diet and whether or not their chosen "mentor" likes certain people or not.

First of all none of us said diet had anything to do with Sassy's death. It was obvious to each and every one of us just how much Sassy was loved and just how far Pam was willing to go to make sure that Sassy was taken care of.

As for the diet comments, I hear just as many bad things about BML and the Priscilla Price Diet as I do about HPW Plus and Complete. Diet is a hot button issue and one that is also very confusing for most new owners. Unless there were to be a diet or diets that were vet backed I doubt this will ever change. I know that several people on this forum have had issues with their gliders while using the HPW Complete. If they are sharing their personal experiences with the diet and the issues resolve after changing the diet, then what other assumption is there to make other than that the diet caused the issues.

I have never personally used any of the HPW diets so I can't tell anyone anything about any of them. I do recommend the Original HPW to new owners, but I feed the Priscilla Price diet. There are people that don't agree with my choice of diet, but it has been the best decision for my glider. No diet is good if it isn't eaten and that was the issue I had before switching to PP.

None of us have ever said that we had issues with Peggy. There are some concerns about the diets that she created and until there are studies to tell us more, we only have personal experiences to go on.

One more thing, you asked what VE felt should be done about the HPW Complete diet. After the experiences that have been shared, many of us feel that more should be disclosed about the diet, what it contains, and what possible effects it could have on gliders. There are enough stories floating around that can be tied to diet that make it obvious that more information about this product needs to be disclosed.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulling my hair out diet!   Pulling my hair out diet! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pulling my hair out diet!
Page 1 of 1