Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Happy News!

Go down 
+9
savvy2011
clk666
Skyfire4me
mhall10
Willows Tree
JazzNZoeysmom
LuuLuu
StellaAnLuna
BookGoddess
13 posters
AuthorMessage
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:47 pm

My Leu has two little bumps in pouch! I am expecting little Joeys in about a month! Smile
Back to top Go down
StellaAnLuna
StellaAnLuna

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Congrats:D

~Erica~
Back to top Go down
LuuLuu
Almost Weaned
Almost Weaned
LuuLuu

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:05 pm

will you be selling the joeys or keeping them?

Congrats, btw
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:42 am

LuuLuu wrote:
will you be selling the joeys or keeping them?

Congrats, btw

It really depends as my oldest daughter wants her own cage but I think I want to wait till her birthday in August and might get her a pair from other breeders. This pair could have a few different things as Mommy is leu and Daddy is 66% Leu Het and a min Mozaic.

I also have a Standard pair I know I should get the male fixed.... but they have Joeys that are partially out of pouch. They will be pet only gliders. My area is not flooded with gliders and they are rather hard to get so I am happy to give families healthy little gliders. Plus the Mom is so wonderful, we have had her for years and never lost a Joey and never had one sick. (Yes, Yes, Excuses to keep breeding a none lineage pair, I know, shame! But I am honest at least!) If ever there is another breeding pair in the house, it will be like my second pair, lineage gliders. I do believe I will get talked sense into at some point and get Stitch fixed. It is not a matter of money but simply my love of them as parents as they are so good at it and my affection for fertility in general, and my belief that they are not related because one is from breeders in AZ and the other from a pet shop in VA that was gotten from breeders. However VA breeders these days don't have good names to say the least. They are all healthy, vet checked, and I am being stubborn about it I know. I know that this hurts my reputation and that some might speak badly of me behind my back but I believe in being honest. If the worst thing I ever do is breed a healthy pair of gliders without papers.... I think I can die happy still you know? Happy News! 3810726912

Should I go hide now from the hate mail I am sure to get? How about I leave you with this photo of a messy cage that will be cleaned tomorrow morning and my Leu with a little bump and a envy worthy tail! Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And another photo of almost out of pouch Joeys in hopes the cute makes you less pissed at me!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

One has less fur than the other and I am guessing that means Mom gave birth a few days apart as they are standards and so no variation expected in them. Agree?

Bring on the scorn!
Back to top Go down
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 am

Congrats on your little ones! They are beautiful!

I hope you don't get blasted too awfully bad. I can kinda see both points of view on this.
The lady I got Mala & Ari from, .... she acquired her 2 gliders from a fair in Gatlinburg TN. I can only assume they were a PP type of deal but they obviously don't nueter their males before selling them.

She is not a breeder persey. A glider owner who cared for her gliders the way these people told her to and just let her gliders do what comes naturally, yes. Are Mala & Ariana basically unlineaged "mutts" so to speak? Yes....but I wouldn't give them up for the world.

Is it tempting to get a furtile male so my 3 girls could be mommys....at times, yes. As a matter of fact the new girl I'm getting has a twin brother. It was between him & her...I chose her. While I think I would love a joey or two (to stay with me-not sell) I know me well enough to know that if any of my girls cannabalized their joey(s) I would never be able to look at them the same. So for that reason alone I choose not to breed. Doesn't mean I won't change my mind in a few years, but for now, no...it's not for me.

I guess I don't see anything wrong with breeding as you state if say, you have close friends or family that are already calling Dibs and you are selling for pet only. Otherwise I do believe that rescue is the better way to go for the joe schmoe off the street. There are just so many unwanted babies that need good homes I just really think that should be a first option.

Anyway, your babies are gorgeous and I wish you the best of luck with them.
Back to top Go down
Willows Tree
Still IP
Willows Tree

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:42 am

Trying my first post..Hello to the familiar faces here.
I also bred my pair without lineage..Both were third generation from different breeders..So I actually saw Gmas and a few other "family members" at each place.
My male's breeder did NOT want him bred, due to her strong belief that they are being overbred already..but when I told her my plan, to have one litter, then neuter him, she did trust me...And I have followed thru'.
I lost the little boy joey to cannibalization..and it was sickening....So far, the little girl is thriving.
My GrandGirls want to name her Twinkle.
I am watching her closely.
Back to top Go down
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 4:10 am

Thank you both for the support and the understanding of how torn I am with this.

I hope twinkle continues to thrive Willow!

Petal had both joey bodies out of pouch but heads still in this afternoon while I was clipping nails. Tonight though so much noise in the cage, jumping around and such. I turn on the light and Petal has no joeys on her and is doing back flips and running the wheel and just bouncing all over the cage. I think she is thrilled to be able to move so much when she had not been for a long time now. Both Joeys are fine, in the sleeping pouch with Daddy. He is the best Daddy, he hardly leaves them and last pair of Joeys he noticeably lost weight even. He hates to leave them! He was not crabby this afternoon but he sure is now that he knows he is on Joey duty!
Back to top Go down
mhall10
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
mhall10

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:36 am

awww congrats
Back to top Go down
Skyfire4me
Glider
Glider
Skyfire4me

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:40 am

LOL No hate mail from me!! My 2 that I rescued on the 1st just breed a few days ago So might have joeys soon. I am also rescueing another breeding pair on sat that already have joeys and have had 4 joeys before these ones. I will let them have the ones they are having and then start getting the male fixed so I can have 1 colony. I will probally keep the joeys with the exception of 2 female for a friend that want to pair up with her father son pair.

Leslie
Back to top Go down
clk666
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
clk666

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 pm

awe babies!!!!
Back to top Go down
savvy2011
Joey
Joey
savvy2011

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:38 am

AWEE! So sweet!
Back to top Go down
sharonjean
Joey
Joey
sharonjean

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:49 am

Aww! Hope everything is going well!
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 pm

No hate mail from me either, I can see the benefit of having papered gliders, but most dogs aren't papered and still breed. I have yet to meet a papered cat, still they are bred. If there are healthy joeys and not being bred to family then I don't see a major problem.

Congrats on the babies- you need to post even more pictures! Happy News! 2069935179
Back to top Go down
clk666
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
clk666

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 pm

SecretSquirrel wrote:
No hate mail from me either, I can see the benefit of having papered gliders, but most dogs aren't papered and still breed. I have yet to meet a papered cat, still they are bred. If there are healthy joeys and not being bred to family then I don't see a major problem.

Congrats on the babies- you need to post even more pictures! Happy News! 2069935179

oh there are LOTS of papered cats lol.

there are cat shows just as there are dog shows! silly kitties!
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Lol, I know there are papered cats I have just never met any. Wonder when there will be glider shows Happy News! 4079864673
Back to top Go down
lilangels
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
lilangels

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:00 pm

We already had the glidder shows and all my babies won 1st place...hahaha Smile
Bookgoddess where are our joey pics?
Back to top Go down
BookGoddess
BookGoddess

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 11:12 pm

I posted a new Joey photo a few days ago on my glider page. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am super busy and super sorry!

I also have new of my own..... I have a new "joey" in pouch myself! LOL
Back to top Go down
brit9211
Newly OOP
Newly OOP
brit9211

Happy News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy News!   Happy News! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:37 am

Hope everything went great. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content