Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

Sassys eatting only yogurt

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

Sassys eatting only yogurt Empty
PostSubject: Sassys eatting only yogurt   Sassys eatting only yogurt EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 1:09 am

Sassy seems to only want to eat yogurt and not her hpw. Is that ok for a couple of days? I have her hpw and strawberry banana yogurt in there but all she seems to want is the yogurt. I figured something is better than nothing for a couple of days but im probley like wayy off on that so let me know. I kind felt like how when were sick with URI we dont want to eat either but sometimes enjoy the cool smootheiness of ice cream etc that makes us feel better. maybe the hwp it does have a stickyness is just to thick and yogurt is thinner. what do yall think?
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Sassys eatting only yogurt   Sassys eatting only yogurt EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:47 am

It may be the consistency that is giving her issues. Which HPW are you using? With that we may be able to help you thin it out some to get her to eat it a little better.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

PostSubject: Re: Sassys eatting only yogurt   Sassys eatting only yogurt EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:03 am

its the complete i use 1 tbls to 3 water and it is pure liquid but it has stickyness to it i guess from the honey in it that makes it maybe stick to her throat kinda like a melted milkshake. she did eat a little of her veggie/cottage cheeze/turkey mix tho and it looks like maybe she ate a little hpw. i saw her eatting yogurt a min ago so im just happy shes not so sick she isnt wanting to eat anything
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Sassys eatting only yogurt   Sassys eatting only yogurt EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:08 am

I would think that she would start to eat more as she starts to feel better. As long as she is eating something I wouldn't worry too much since it's just been a day or two. Is she drinking plenty of water? The biggest worry that you will have is making sure she doesn't get dehydrated. Gliders do get part of their water from their fruits and veggies so if she isn't eating those you may need to syringe her some water. Do you know how to do the tent test to see if she is dehydrated?
Back to top Go down
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

PostSubject: Re: Sassys eatting only yogurt   Sassys eatting only yogurt EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:47 am

yes but is it if the skin goes right back down shes good? ill go do it now
Back to top Go down
BrandyF
BrandyF

PostSubject: Re: Sassys eatting only yogurt   Sassys eatting only yogurt EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:01 am

That's correct. As long as the skin goes back down she's good. It's when it stays up that you need to worry.

I would try offering one of her fav fruits but put it in the freezer for a little bit first. You don't want it to be frozen solid, but more super chilled. The coolness will be soothing to her.
Back to top Go down
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Sassys eatting only yogurt   Sassys eatting only yogurt EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 1:40 pm

You can also offer watermelon since she's not wanting to eat much, it will help her to stay hydrated, and I would chill it like Brandy said to.
Back to top Go down
Countryncrafty
Countryncrafty

PostSubject: Re: Sassys eatting only yogurt   Sassys eatting only yogurt EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:50 pm

I agree with everything above and would like to add that I personally would not be feeding the complete. There have been cases of problems with the complete...it's just not "proven" cases as of yet. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://cncglidersngoods.com/
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

PostSubject: Re: Sassys eatting only yogurt   Sassys eatting only yogurt EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Countryncrafty wrote:
I agree with everything above and would like to add that I personally would not be feeding the complete. There have been cases of problems with the complete...it's just not "proven" cases as of yet. Razz

I would get on HPW Original rather than complete. I wouldn't advise anyone feed complete after the stories I have heard....even if they are just stories I don't think it is a coincidence there are so many.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sassys eatting only yogurt   Sassys eatting only yogurt Empty

Back to top Go down

Sassys eatting only yogurt
Page 1 of 1