Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

This hpw

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

This hpw Empty
PostSubject: This hpw   This hpw EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:13 pm

So I got my 1st batch of hpw but i dont think sassy ate any. i want to get her to eat it as her main food and not the stuff ive been feeding her so how do i make her eat it? will she get hungery enough to eat it if i dont give her anything else including treats? can i pour it over her foods i make up for her or what?
Back to top Go down
Countryncrafty
Countryncrafty

This hpw Empty
PostSubject: Re: This hpw   This hpw EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:20 pm

What HPW are you feeding? I don't know if it makes a difference so I don't want to tell you unless it's the same one I fed.
Back to top Go down
http://cncglidersngoods.com/
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

This hpw Empty
PostSubject: Re: This hpw   This hpw EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 am

I have been told you can pour it over their F/V if you have a hard time getting them to eat them. And that goes for all of the HPW's. I've never done it because mine don't like it all mixed together.

I honestly don't know if you can force her to eat it. I was feeding Original HPW for over 6mo. when mine decided to stop eating it, and they held their ground... I mean 2 -3 nights in a row they wouldn't touch it. I caved before they did and had to get them some food. Not sure if anyone has ever outlasted a not eating suggie... we all worry so much about their food intake I think most of us give in before they do.

I personally really like the Original HPW...even have a batch sitting in my freezer hoping that one day I'll be able to give it and they'll eat it,....no such luck as of yet....but as we always say, you can be feeding what you think is the best diet out there but if your babies won't eat it, it's not worth much.
Back to top Go down
kjgoulet
Joey
Joey
kjgoulet

This hpw Empty
PostSubject: Re: This hpw   This hpw EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:27 am

How many nights have you been feeding it? At first it takes them a bit to warm up to the new diet but eventually if they're hungry they're going to eat it. Not trying to sound like a witch but that's how it is here fruit or veggie they get what they get.. My gliders love the HPW Plus and have tried the Complete but with breeders I stick with the Plus Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tenderlovingsuggies.webs.com
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

This hpw Empty
PostSubject: Re: This hpw   This hpw EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:04 pm

They will eat eventually, if it is new to them then that is probably why they didn't try it. Give them a few days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
SASSYS MOM
Face Hugger
Face Hugger
SASSYS MOM

This hpw Empty
PostSubject: Re: This hpw   This hpw EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:26 pm

how can i tell if sassys eatting hers or is mr piggy skeeter eatting hers to?
Back to top Go down
viciousencounters
viciousencounters

This hpw Empty
PostSubject: Re: This hpw   This hpw EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:25 am

A good kitchen scale and regular weighing's will let you know. You would also never see her eating and when she tried Skeeter would block her from the food or take it from her. Food aggression is very easy to observe, now if the plates are completely clean in the morning that is different, you just need to feed more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.viciousencounters.etsy.com
Sponsored content

This hpw Empty
PostSubject: Re: This hpw   This hpw Empty

Back to top Go down

This hpw
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA :: Sugar Gliders :: Diet and Health-
Jump to: