Sugar Glider Addicts Anonymous - SGAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to get real information about Sugar Gliders without the Sugar Coating.

HomeVisit our website!GallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inJoin us in Chat!

bonding question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dixxi_moon
Joey
Joey
dixxi_moon

bonding question Empty
PostSubject: bonding question   bonding question EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 pm

will sassy bond with my husband as well? he isnt all into her like me he says hello maybeee once a day and sticks his finger to her and of course she nips him he is a lil scared of her you should have seen him when i put her on his shoulder he just knew she was gonna attack his neck lol. but with what little interaction he gives her will she realize he is part of the family? he sees her as a RAT! bonding question 1209530454 bonding question 1150287350
Back to top Go down
LSardou
Admin
Admin
LSardou

bonding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: bonding question   bonding question EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Even though he doesn't have much contact, she will view him as part of the 'colony'. Yes, Sugar Gliders do relate and accept us as their own, once they have developed a trust/bond with us. However, they will bond closer to the one who is their primary care giver. If they see you two together all the time, they will trust in you to know that you will not let him hurt them.

I've had my two babies for almost 7 years. My husband barely interacts with them, they tolerate his presence, but are not comfortable with him for more than a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.millbreederproject.com
BrandyF
BrandyF

bonding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: bonding question   bonding question EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 am

I sorta have the same thing going on with my kids. Snappy tolerates them and know they are part of her 'colony' but she is much more bonded to me. That's how I want it because even though she is a family pet, I am the primary caregiver.

You can try to get her used to his scent by having him wear a piece of fleece on himself for a day and then cutting that fleece into small squares and placing them in her pouch with her. You just need to put one small square in there each day and you can store the rest in a ziploc bag to keep the scent.
Back to top Go down
http://brandyscreativeramblings.blogspot.com
JazzNZoeysmom
Glider
Glider
JazzNZoeysmom

bonding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: bonding question   bonding question EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:42 am

Totally agree. I am the main bond but they know everyone in my family...even my oldest daughter who doesn't live at home anymore. My hubby helps with nail clipping and will hold them if I have them out and need to run to the bathroom or something and they are just fine with that. He's also the self proclaimed "chip guy." LOL.... every morning (4a.m) as he's leaving for work he will stop by the cages and pass out their favorite treat of Hersheys White Morsels. They know to expect him and they hang on the cage awaiting him (and the yummies he brings).

They also terrorize him & my middle daughter at bed time. They have free reign of my bedroom for playtime, and sometimes my daugther will be in my room watching a movie so as she lays there on the bed Zoey will run up and bite a toe or finger and then run off! It's quite a fun game for her.... then when the hubby goes to bed at about 10pm, if the babies are in the bedroom playing, well, he just has to share the space...and yep, they climb all over him. He's learned to cover his face with a pillow cuz mainly Zoey enjoys really terrorizing her daddy.

But if I am standing there and the babies have a choice of who to come to, it's always me first. I think it's important for everyone in the family to be able to handle them comfortably so if they ever need to be cared for by someone other than you.... you are at ease knowing your family can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bonding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: bonding question   bonding question Empty

Back to top Go down

bonding question
Page 1 of 1